Thursday, October 27, 2011

Do you Know His name?

Praise the Lord! I pray you all are blessed as I am. My wife was not feeling well last night and I was reading the 91st Psalm to her and praying, as Gods word was being read it began to minister to us. The verses that really got my attention were verses fourteen and fifteen,
14Because he hath set his love upon me, therefore will I deliver him: I will set him on high, because he hath known my name.
15He shall call upon me, and I will answer him: I will be with him in trouble; I will deliver him, and honour him.
I began to think about all the times God delivered me from trouble, trouble I got myself into and yet he saved me more times than I can remember from certain death. When I was out there caught up in drug addiction He saved me and when I relapsed He forgave me and protected me until I laid down the drugs and came back to Him. Why? I often asked myself. He answered me in those two verses, it was because in spite of all I was going through I never forgot his name. Many nights I cried out to him "please take this addiction away from me!" only to pick it up again and run a little farther with it. I loved the Lord but I loved the drugs a little bit more at that time but God was patient with me.

Finally when I called on him in earnest to deliver me, he did, and He has kept me ever since.
 There is healing in the word of God also just ask my wife, she feels much better today. I thank God that I can call on the name of the Lord and He will incline His ear unto me. He hears us! Praise God!
This is worth the prayers, worth the consecration and the trials. The Bible says we are to love the Lord our God with all our heart, soul, mind and strength. Psalms 145: 18+19 says 
18The LORD is nigh unto all them that call upon him, to all that call upon him in truth.
19He will fulfil the desire of them that fear him: he also will hear their cry, and will save them.
Many know God by name but few know Him by person, they know of him but not what makes him him. I'm not talking about sinners(the unsaved) but about those sunday go to meeting Christians who are more into religion than relationship. Relationships take work and cultivation they don't just happen.
If you really want to be blessed and have peace of mind get to know Him and who he is. God bless you all.
                                               Brother Darrell, A watchman

No comments: