Friday, November 4, 2011

Taking the You out of Us

Praise the Lord! I pray everyone is being blessed. I am blessed of God just to be here, that being said I'm a little down today. My wife and I had a special weekend planned this week and we had to cancel those plans because of a family situation that needed to be addressed. I thank God for a wife who loves the Lord and is spirit filled and anchored in His will. Together we are steadfast and immovable in our love for God and for each other and that's how we are able to get through the trials and fiery darts of the enemy.
I am still experiencing some trepidation when it comes down to traveling, even though I have been taking little walks in my building to strengthen my legs. I think I'm ready to make my first significant trip this weekend and finally start going back to church on a regular basis. I think I even lost a little weight these last few weeks. Praise God!
I'd like to share with you something God was dealing with me about a little while ago that I hope blesses you as it did me when it was written.


                Taking the You Out Of Us

Romans 12:3+4  3For I say, through the grace given unto me, to every man that is among you, not to think of himself more highly than he ought to think; but to think soberly, according as God hath dealt to every man the measure of faith. 4For as we have many members in one body, and all members have not the same office:



  • Jesus once said that “the harvest is plentiful but the workers are few.”(NIV) The body of Christ in America is a perfect example of this, and the cause of this shortage is the fact that there are too many “chiefs” and not enough “Indians” in the Church today. Everybody is concerned about their position in the church, their ministry and where is their place in the pecking order. Some are not even satisfied with being next in line to the Pastor; they want to be the one pulling the Pastors strings. This is not new to the church. The bible talks about how some of the twelve apostles argued about who would sit at the right hand of Jesus in the kingdom, and even Peter when he was asked by Jesus to “feed my sheep” was not content with his own commission turned and noticed John the beloved walking behind them and asked Jesus what Johns job was going to be?  Jesus rebuked him saying “If I will that he tarry till I come, what is that to thee? Follow thou me.”(John 21:22KJV) We as Christians need to stop worrying about titles and positions and worry about being obedient to what God has called us to do.                                      

Going to church nowadays is like going to a masquerade ball. On the surface everybody seems to be plugged into Christ smiling and showing much love for one another but behind the scenes everyone knows that sister Harris doesn’t speak to sister Judy because they both wanted to lead the choir and both of them hate the pastor because he chose brother Simon. The Trustee board is constantly in a power struggle with the pastor because they don’t trust that God knew what he was doing when he gave the pastor a vision for their church. If each of us would just concentrate on being the best that we can be at whatever the Lord has given to us to do the body of Christ would run like a well-oiled machine.

 The word of God talks about us humbling ourselves and esteeming our brothers and sisters above ourselves, we need to start practicing these things. We need to learn to be content in his will and learn to accept what he has for us. God says in his word that only He knows the plans He has for us, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.”(Jeremiah 29:11NIV) So let us be Christ like for real and give our egos as well as our bodies as a living sacrifice unto God. We can’t all be Pastors, preachers, choir directors or Sunday school teachers etc. but we can all love each other as we love God.   
               God bless you, Brother Darrell, A Watchman






  

No comments: