Thursday, December 15, 2011

Holy Ghost MRI/Getting Naked before God

Praise the Lord! I pray everyone is enjoying the many blessings of God. I myself am blessed just to be here in the land of the living. I love the time I spend before the Lord waiting to hear from Him, hear him speak to my heart and feel his presence as I bring my prayers and petitions before Him. We are in the fourth day of our seven day consecration and I am just starting to really get into the spirit of it. I feel God starting to deal with me about some things and I love that feeling of cleansing and purging. It is good to get naked before the Lord, because he can see through any type of cover you can put on. Look at Adam, before he knew he was naked he was comfortable spending time in front of God completely uncovered. That is the way God intended us to be in our relationship with him and with each other. When sin came in that's when we started hiding and covering up things.

When I was a child I remember one of my school teachers telling us the story of the "Emperors New Clothes" It was the story of this King who went out among his people believing he had on these fine clothes when in reality he was naked and everyone went along with it because they were afraid to tell the king he was naked. Today in the body of Christ we have saints walking around believing or betraying themselves as being naked and transparent when in fact they are wearing coveralls, and we are afraid to tell them for fear of making enemies and they believe they are hiding something from God and His people. David in Psalm 139:7-12 states
7Whither shall I go from thy spirit? or whither shall I flee from thy presence?
8If I ascend up into heaven, thou art there: if I make my bed in hell, behold, thou art there.
9If I take the wings of the morning, and dwell in the uttermost parts of the sea;
10Even there shall thy hand lead me, and thy right hand shall hold me.
11If I say, Surely the darkness shall cover me; even the night shall be light about me.
12Yea, the darkness hideth not from thee; but the night shineth as the day: the darkness and the light are both alike to thee.
David knew what a lot of us fail to realize, we can't hide from God! I'm sure he learned this lesson after his own sin with Bathsheba was exposed, not to God but exposed to himself. He had somehow fooled himself into believing he had not sinned and that he was within his rights to have her. when the prophet Nathan came before him and told him a story of another powerful man who had committed the same sin David was quick to condemn him to death.(see 2nd Samuel Chapter 12) How quick are we to point the finger at others sin and make excuses for our own.

God knows about everything we do, He just wants us to be willing to humble ourselves and admit our sins and ask him for forgiveness. Throughout the old testament you read where had to strip the Children of Israel naked before their enemies and before Him because of their sins but once He has done this and they are humbled and naked before Him that is when God turns his wrath away from them and lifts up their head again. \He raises them up once again. Even Jesus The son of God Had to be beaten and striped naked and hung on a cross to die before God raised Him up and gave all power in heaven and earth to him.
I often cry, sobbing before God when I come into his presence fully exposed, realizing who I am compared to Him. The fact that He allows me to come into his presence is a humbling experience in itself. His presence is like having a Holy Ghost MRI. You can feel him looking through you. What can you hide from His gaze? Paul states in Hebrews 4:12+13
12For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any two edged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.
13Neither is there any creature that is not manifest in his sight: but all things are naked and opened unto the eyes of him with whom we have to do.

When I sat down to write today I had intended to write about faith again but God had other plans, so His will becomes my will. Again as the fourth day of consecration is coming to an end I feel so blessed to come before him as a broken vessel ready, willing and able to be used by Him. I pray we will all learn to get before the Lord and get naked. God bless you all.
                                                  Brother Darrell, a Watchman 

No comments: