Tuesday, December 20, 2011

I See Dead People

Praise the Lord! Again I pray everyone is enjoying Gods many blessings. I am truly blessed today on our sixth day of consecration and I am truly enjoying this time with the Lord.  The word says "the joy of the Lord is our strength" but as I look around I see people in dispare, living in fear and looking for love in all the wrong places. People have put their hope in government and celebrities and both have failed them. The one hope we have they are trying to run him out of the country. "may the name of Jesus be stricken from all books, signs and billboards. May all references to God be stricken from all currency and court rooms. So let it be written so let it be done!" Sound familiar? Think of Yul Brenner in the Ten Commandments. Not only is the world turning away from God but the church, the body of Christ is losing it's way among all the divisions and in house fighting going on. The word of God says in John 5:24+25
24Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life.
25Verily, verily, I say unto you, The hour is coming, and now is, when the dead shall hear the voice of the Son of God: and they that hear shall live.
 these words spoken by Jesus refer to the spiritually dead, those who have not repented from sin and accepted Jesus Christ as there Lord and savior. Everywhere I go in the world I see them. They go about their daily lives unaware and unconcerned about their eternal spiritual well being. They reject the gospel and the existence of God. I pray for them and reach out to them with the love of God and I think to myself "dead men walking" I expect this from the world but what I don't expect is that when I walk into many Churches these days I see dead people. They look alive, they sound alive and they even lift up holy hands and sing Gospel songs of praise but their is a lack of power caused by a lack of real spirit. Preachers preaching their hearts out and teaching their hearts out but still there isn't any growth by the people. people are not getting delivered and set free from drugs and alcoholism and other besetting sins. John 4:23 states
23But the hour cometh, and now is, when the true worshippers shall worship the Father in spirit and in truth: for the Father seeketh such to worship him. 
More people are playing church and using them as social clubs than ever before. Nobody comes out for prayer service and people are only willing to serve if they can be seen by others. The body of Christ is now a valley of dry bones. Will these dry bones live? Only God knows.
There is a remnant, Believers who not only profess they believe but are truly spirit filled and not just operating on gifts. They are the true worshipers that Jesus was talking about. God wants to pour out his spirit in these last and evil days on a church that is ready and willing to receive it and be obedient to it. He does not want to pour out his spirit on a people who will resist it and thereby quench it.
 Ezekiel 37:5+6 states:  
5Thus saith the Lord GOD unto these bones; Behold, I will cause breath to enter into you, and ye shall live:
6And I will lay sinews upon you, and will bring up flesh upon you, and cover you with skin, and put breath in you, and ye shall live; and ye shall know that I am the LORD.
That remnant needs to pray that God would breath life again into His church. Back in the day we used to sing a chorus that said "I wish somebodies soul would catch on fire and burn with the holy ghost" we need to start singing it again and meaning it starting with ourselves first. I used to be apart of a ministry that fed and cared for the homeless and addicts in 42nd Street area of New York in 1992 and 1993 called the Upper Room, it was an outreach of Times Square Church. We were a praying ministry, staffed by prayer warriors and we would pray for hours before we would open the doors to our clients. As you walked in those doors the prayer was almost tangible, you could feel the power, the anointing God had placed on the room. We had many people who were delivered from drugs and alcoholism, many entered drug programs including myself, I personally saw and was involved in many miracles God performed there. In all these years I have yet to find another ministry quite like it, though some have come close.

Bottom line we need to wake up and live, Dead people can't help anyone, Jesus once said "let the dead bury the dead" Our jobs are the same as our saviors and that is to bring people "life and that life more abundantly" We have to have life to bring life but we must remember as Paul did in Galations 2:20
20I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me. 
So let us live so others may live. God bless you all.
                                                             Brother Darrell, A Watchman














=

John 5:24+25


No comments: