Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Jehovah Shammah!

Praise the Lord! I pray everyone is enjoying Gods many blessings. I am blessed every time I open my eyes. I must confess that even though I know this I find myself feeling lost and without the unction to fight this battle when my wife is away from me as she often is for weeks at a time because of her job. I some times find myself getting confused as to where my strength comes from, I have to remind myself who is always there for me, who is never out of town and who was there before I ever knew who my wife was. That would be Jesus Christ my Lord and my God. My wife would be the first to agree with me.


Jesus was there when I was about to jump off the roof of my building as a child while flying a kite. He was there when the enemy tried to suck the life out of me with bad childhood asthma attacks. He was there when I was almost mangled by a train when I fell between the platform and train as a teenager. Each time He spoke to me saying "no not yet" I didn't even know him then but He knew me. He brought me through the madness and self destruction of drug addiction. I thank God for my affliction because finally I got to know Him and accepted him as my Lord and savior in the summer of 1992 at Time square Church. Even though I came to know him in 1992 He was always with me. He states in His word Hebrews 13:5
5Let your conversation be without covetousness; and be content with such things as ye have: for he hath said, I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee.
He has always been there, He truly is the Alpha and the Omega, the beginning and the end, the author and the finisher of my faith. Revelation 21:6+7
6And he said unto me, It is done. I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end. I will give unto him that is athirst of the fountain of the water of life freely.
7He that overcometh shall inherit all things; and I will be his God, and he shall be my son.
In verse seven it says "He that overcometh shall inherit all things..." That is where I'm at now and where I've been for the last nineteen years in Christ, overcoming one trial after another, most of my own making. Through it all Jesus has been right by my side. He has been For me Jehovah Jireh= the Lord our provider, Jehovah Ropheka= the Lord our healer, Jehovah Shalom= the Lord is our peace and of course Jehovah Shammah= the Lord is present. He has always been there for me, He was my shepherd throughout my life, Jehovah Rohi, and He still is. He is my everything, my all and all and unfortunately every so often I have to get refocused on Him because only He can recharge my batteries.I love my wife and I thank God for her but she can't take Gods place, He is my covering, the head of my life and I am my wife's covering and He is the head of both our lives. We can gain comfort from each other and even inspiration as we we observe the lives of fellow believers but only Christ alone will always be there for us. Regardless of where we find ourselves He is there and He can do anything but fail.
                                              God bless you all,
                                                                Brother Darrell, A Watchman    

No comments: