Wednesday, March 21, 2012

The Weight

Praise the Lord! I pray that you all are enjoying God's blessing. I can't tell you how blessed I feel. Jeremiah said "It's like fire shut up in my bones!" It's not just that I like to write, it's that I have to write. God forbid that I don't write. There is a fire in my belly. John 2:13-17 states
13And the Jews' passover was at hand, and Jesus went up to Jerusalem.
14And found in the temple those that sold oxen and sheep and doves, and the changers of money sitting:
15And when he had made a scourge of small cords, he drove them all out of the temple, and the sheep, and the oxen; and poured out the changers' money, and overthrew the tables;
16And said unto them that sold doves, Take these things hence; make not my Father's house an house of merchandise.
17And his disciples remembered that it was written, The zeal of thine house hath eaten me up.

As a Watchman I have been blessed with the ability at times to see things the way Jesus See's things. The bible says that David was a man after God's own heart(1st Samuel 13:14) and that is what I'm striving for, to be a man after God's own heart. Sometimes I feel the heaviness when I see some of the things I have seen over the years going on in His house and the things I see His people getting involved in.

God has given me a burden and I am finally carrying that burden. The bible says "let this mind be in you which was also in Christ Jesus."(Phil. 2:5) Though I have not yet gotten there, I am striving to reach that goal. With the mind of Christ I am able to see things the way He does and when I see what is going on in the body of Christ,His church, I can't help but be angry at times and disappointed. As a watchman I must point out what God instructs me to point out. I am mocked at times and called opinionated. "Who does he think he is?" they ask. I say I am nobody, just a man trying to be obedient to his calling. It hurts when your brother or sister in Christ question your calling and refuse to encourage or exhort you in what your doing as we are called to do in 1st. Timothy 4:13+14
13Till I come, give attendance to reading, to exhortation, to doctrine.
14Neglect not the gift that is in thee, which was given thee by prophecy, with the laying on of the hands of the presbytery.

The body of Christ is often guilty of two things, one is idolizing gifts and putting those with them on a pedestal or two: dismissing or downgrading the gifts of their brothers and sisters in Christ. I understand that there are many people in the body going around claiming certain gifts and titles that they don't have, testilying instead of testifying. That is why God has given us the spirit of discernment, those of us who are led by the spirit should be able to discern who is who and what is what.

After years of running from my calling, being afraid to say what I mean and mean what I say and enduring the chastening of God because of it, I have come to the conclusion that it is better to be obedient. I have stopped running and have planted my feet not on his word but in his word. I have immersed myself in Him and His word, I'm not concerned about pleasing man or even myself  anymore. I choose to stay under the burden that God has given me. No more stuttering when I speak or when I write, I will say what I mean and mean what I say and God will help me carry the weight.
                                        God bless you all, Brother Darrell, A Watchman

No comments: