Saturday, March 3, 2012

Will There Be Faith?

Praise the Lord! I pray that everyone is enjoying God's blessing. I am truly blessed Just to be alive and doing what God wants me to do and that is writing this blog. Recently I have been spending a lot of time on a Christian website I stumbled on called "God's Faith Book" a sort of Facebook for Christians and I have been really enjoying the different activities and people on the site. Today I was reading a blog and this scripture was used. Luke 18:2-8  
2Saying, There was in a city a judge, which feared not God, neither regarded man:
3And there was a widow in that city; and she came unto him, saying, Avenge me of mine adversary.
4And he would not for a while: but afterward, he said within himself, Though I fear not God, nor regard man;
5Yet because this widow troubleth me, I will avenge her, lest by her continual coming she weary me.
6And the Lord said, Hear what the unjust judge saith.
7And shall not God avenge his own elect, which cries day and night unto him, though he bears long with them?
8I tell you that he will avenge them speedily. Nevertheless when the Son of man cometh, shall he find faith on the earth?


Nevertheless, when the son of man comes, shall He find faith on the earth? That question began to roll around in my head and my spirit. This parable was just one of many Jesus spoke in that chapter. It's a shame that after all the healing, Resurrection's, demons cast out and other miracles Jesus still wondered if he would find faith when He came back for his Church. Jesus said it then in Matthew 17:16+17
16And I brought him to thy disciples, and they could not cure him.
17Then Jesus answered and said, O faithless and perverse generation, how long shall I be with you? how long shall I suffer you? bring him hither to me.
And He is probably is saying the same thing today as he prepares to return.

Once God called His people "stiff-necked" I wonder what he is calling His people now, I wonder what He is calling me? Where do I stack up against the children of Israel? Not too long ago I posted a two-part series on faith, entitled "Where is your Faith?" It is no coincidence that I'm writing about Faith again. The Word says that "without faith, it is impossible to please Him."(Hebrews 11:6) Without faith, nothing happens. It is faith that moves God. How many times in the bible did Jesus say "your faith has healed you?" or "according to your faith be it unto you". Yet we often waiver in our faith, one day rock solid and the next as brittle as a dry leaf. We trust God for some things and not for others as if the situation matters to God. We Lean back and forth but Is there anything too hard for God?

Which way will you be leaning when Jesus comes? In Luke 17:5 the disciples asked 
5And the apostles said unto the Lord, Increase our faith. With all they saw and all they did while with Christ they still asked that their faith be increased. They all paid a price for their request, the only way to increase faith is to increase your trials, your tribulations and then stand still and see the salvation of God. Will Jesus find faith on earth when He returns? I pray so, but one thing I know, I will always strive to live as a man of true faith and trust in God no matter what the circumstance so that when He comes back he will at least find faith in me. Will He find faith in you?
                                               God bless you all, Brother Darrell, A Watchman
 P.S. If you want to read more about faith please read in the archive, "Where is your Faith? 1+2"

No comments: