Tuesday, June 12, 2012

I WAS CHOSEN

Praise the Lord everybody! I pray everyone is enjoying God's blessing. As I wrote in my last post I am going through a trial that at times appears insurmountable but as I said then I'm holding on to God like a pit bull on his favorite bone, If I can't hold on to Jesus who can I hold on to? Jesus once asked Peter after a particularly hard teaching after which many stopped following him in John 6: 67, 68, 69
67 Then said Jesus unto the twelve, Will ye also go away?
68 Then Simon Peter answered him, Lord, to whom shall we go? thou hast the words of eternal life.
69 And we believe and are sure that thou art that Christ, the Son of the living God.

I've had to look back and remember these Last few weeks that I once served on the other side in the armies of the flesh and the devil, a cruel master who used and abused his soldiers. But God who had chosen me from the foundation of the earth saved me and brought me out of that darkness so that I might serve Him against the armies of Satan. I reminded myself of something I seemed to have lost sight of even though I had written about it a few years ago. I AM A SOLDIER AND I WAS CHOSEN.
A poet once wrote about soldiers in battle "Ours is not to reason, why? ours is but to do and die." I am a soldier, and I must trust my leader and obey His commands. An army can't function if it's soldiers are constantly questioning Why? to every order. My job is to keep on fighting, come rain, snow, flood or hurricane. Paul wrote in 2nd Timothy 2: 3+4  
3 Thou therefore endure hardness, as a good soldier of Jesus Christ.
4 No man that warreth entangleth himself with the affairs of this life; that he may please him who hath chosen him to be a soldier.

The cares of this world are just speed bumps on the highway to Heaven. I can't be always concerned with "creature comforts" An army can not run on "prosperity" messages. They have to be focused on achieving it's objectives as laid out by their commander, and willing to count the cost. Matthew 11: 12 states
12 And from the days of John the Baptist until now the kingdom of heaven suffereth violence, and the violent take it by force. (KJV)

Their is a war going on and I have been chosen to fight for the light. Anxiety attacks and fear are tricks of the enemy to take our eyes off of God and His grace and provision. I know where God has brought me from and If I let Him, He will take me through to the other side. Through every trial, every battle and even times of refreshing, and there will be times of refreshing, God will be right there with us leading us through. I've trusted Him so far and I don't plan on stopping now. How about you?
                                God bless you all, Brother Darrell, A Watchman
The word of God says that "many are called but few are chosen." I was chosen.    
                                                                                                           


No comments: