Wednesday, June 20, 2012

REPORTING LIVE FROM THE BATTLEFIELD!

Praise the living God for He has done great things!
 I pray everyone is enjoying the blessings of God. Since my last post I have been carrying on like a good "soldier" in Gods army. I am focused on the fact that "I was Chosen" to be a soldier and I'm trying my best to follow Jesus as He leads me through yet another skirmish with the enemy. 2nd Corinthians 2: 14 states
14 Now thanks be unto God, which always causeth us to triumph in Christ, and maketh manifest the savour of his knowledge by us in every place.

No matter where this battle leads us we know God is there with us causing us to triumph in what ever task He has given us. Knowing this is comforting before going into battle and when it seems like you are surrounded on all sides and you have no way out. When this happens to me I remember my "basic training," all the trials He brought me through in the past and all the testimonies He has given me. I am an old grizzled veteran now and not un-aware of the tricks of the enemy. The fiery darts of the enemy whizz by me on both sides but they do not touch me because I know that in Joshua 23:6 it states;  
6 Be ye therefore very courageous to keep and to do all that is written in the book of the law of Moses, that ye turn not aside therefrom to the right hand or to the left;
So I stay focused on God's word and stay in line with it knowing that in the end it will lead me out of trouble. All around me I see the casualties of disobedience and the lack of knowledge. Proverbs 16:25 states
25 There is a way that seemeth right unto a man, but the end thereof are the ways of death.
and Hosea 4:6 states
6 My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge: because thou hast rejected knowledge, I will also reject thee, that thou shalt be no priest to me: seeing thou hast forgotten the law of thy God, I will also forget thy children.

My job as a seasoned veteran is to show the "new recruits" how to survive in this hostile environment, give them the benefit of my experience. One of the first things I tell them is remember 2nd Corinthians 10:3-5 
3 For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war after the flesh:
4 (For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds;)
5 Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ;


This is spiritual warfare I tell them and the battlefield is the mind. The enemy is an expert at playing mind games and can even appear to be a fellow soldier who 1st Peter 5:8 says this about  
8 Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour:
In battle sacrifices have to be made. There will be times when food and shelter will be scarce and you have to go without for long stretches at a time and I can see the fear and doubt start to spread in their eyes. This is when I share my testimony and Romans 12:1+2   


1 I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service.
2 And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.

We must forget about our former lives and our former way of thinking we must allow ourselves to be transformed in our thought patterns by being "renewed" in our minds, and how do we do that? they might ask and that's when I give them 2nd TIMOTHY 2:15
15 Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.


These are the basic things a man of God, a soldier, must know in order to to survive out here in the battlefield called life. The next thing is your armour and weapons training. I pray this will help you stay in the battle. Reporting live from the front lines this is,
                                                                Brother Darrell, A watchman, God bless 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good work honey it's not easy being in the heat of the battle.Endure hardness as a good soldier.