Thursday, July 12, 2012

EVERYBODY WANTS TO GO TO HEAVEN; BUT NOBODY WANTS TO DIE,

Praise the Lord! For He has done great things! I pray everyone is enjoying God's many blessings. As for me and my wife we are yet holding on to Gods unchanging hand. As the weeks go by and the road seems at times to be getting rougher as He stretches out our faith. We hold on to the fact that God is in it with us. I thank God that He  has given me this blog to write and given my wife and I the "SPEND SOME TIME SESSIONS" NATIONAL PRAYER LINE FOUNDED BY APOSTLE VIVIAN THOMAS( 916-233-2999, ACCESS CODE 541324) This ministry has been a real blessing to us and to our ministry together as has been our home church, FIRST CHURCH OF CHRIST HOLINESS USA, by the way, HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO OUR PASTOR Elder JOHNNY GREEN! MAY GOD BLESS YOU REAL GOOD!

"Be careful what you ask for, you just might get it" is a saying I've heard many times in the world but I never thought it would apply to my faith. We all want to be used by the Lord, We all want to hear "well done good and faithful servant" We all want ministries that reach out and touch many people. We want to heal, deliver and set the captive free and that is all well and good but most don't realize there is a price to pay to obtain that type of anointing. Paul wrote about it in 2nd Corinthians 12:6-9 
6 For though I would desire to glory, I shall not be a fool; for I will say the truth: but now I forbear, lest any man should think of me above that which he seeth me to be, or that he heareth of me.
7 And lest I should be exalted above measure through the abundance of the revelations, there was given to me a thorn in the flesh, the messenger of Satan to buffet me, lest I should be exalted above measure.
8 For this thing I besought the Lord thrice, that it might depart from me.
9 And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me.

Everybody wants to be a pastor, standing up front, sought out by everyone and exalted, but why do we want it? and do we count the cost? Jesus states in Luke 14: 27-29
27 And whosoever doth not bear his cross, and come after me, cannot be my disciple.
28 For which of you, intending to build a tower, sitteth not down first, and counteth the cost, whether he have sufficient to finish it? 
29 Lest haply, after he hath laid the foundation, and is not able to finish it, all that behold it begin to mock him,

If you are in ministry just to have your ego stroked then chances are you won't last. The trials, the tribulations and the attacks of the enemy will test your metal. From the time I made my wedding  proposal till now my wife and I have suffered from constant attacks from the enemy along with numerous trials as God prepares us for that ministry.
I have come to realize that His grace Is sufficient for me and His power Is made perfect in my weakness. Paul said it best when said in 2nd Corinthians 12:10
10 Therefore I take pleasure in infirmities, in reproaches, in necessities, in persecutions, in distresses for Christ's sake: for when I am weak, then am I strong.

              God bless you all, Brother Darrell, A Watchman


  

No comments: