Tuesday, September 4, 2012

AT PEACE IN BABYLON PART 2: "THE ROAD TO BABYLON"

Praise the Lord everybody! Bless His Holy name! For He has done great things! I pray everyone is enjoying Gods blessing. My wife and I want to thank everyone for their prayers these last few weeks. God has given us a Holy ghost MRI and shown us somethings that only He could have seen. Thank God for His tender Mercies that allows us to get right concerning those things before we step off into eternity.
Last week I posted a blog called "AT PEACE IN BABYLON!" In it I wrote about learning to accept it and live with it and even prosper when you find yourself your own "Babylon" I didn't go into how I wound up in Babylon in the first place, mostly because I was well aware of why I was there. It did not occur to me that there are those out there that have found themselves in their own Babylon and have no Idea how they got there. The Lord states in Jeremiah 29:4 states 
4 Thus saith the Lord of hosts, the God of Israel, unto all that are carried away captives, whom I have caused to be carried away from Jerusalem unto Babylon;

God is letting us know that He is responsible for allowing us to be carried into captivity by our sin. It is that simple. We have unrepentant sins in our lives that we've been covering up and rationalizing so long we don't see them as sin anymore and just like the Prophets of that time we "prophylied" to ourselves and to the people around us. We are our own worst enemies, God warns us, gives us a way of escape, a chance to repent but pride or ignorance causes us to go our own way. Jeremiah 25:3-7 states  
3 From the thirteenth year of Josiah the son of Amon king of Judah, even unto this day, that is the three and twentieth year, the word of the Lord hath come unto me, and I have spoken unto you, rising early and speaking; but ye have not hearkened.
4 And the Lord hath sent unto you all his servants the prophets, rising early and sending them; but ye have not hearkened, nor inclined your ear to hear.
5 They said, Turn ye again now every one from his evil way, and from the evil of your doings, and dwell in the land that the Lord hath given unto you and to your fathers for ever and ever:
6 And go not after other gods to serve them, and to worship them, and provoke me not to anger with the works of your hands; and I will do you no hurt.
7 Yet ye have not hearkened unto me, saith the Lord; that ye might provoke me to anger with the works of your hands to your own hurt.

The reason why I'm suffering in my body right now is because ten years ago while my issues were only my weight and I could still walk and work pretty good, the word of the Lord came to me saying "Get your weight and your body in order now before you have to suffer." At first I was obedient and God gave me favor concerning my diet and training but after a while I began to stray away from the program God had me on and went my own way. I made many excuses, I was too tired to cook after working, same thing for exercising, "I've got to save my energy for work." I said. I lost sight of what God had for me, maybe I never knew.

So here I am over ten years later with two bad hips, a great nursing career cut short and a life of chronic severe pain. While in my Babylon I have learned to make the best of it. (see AT PEACE IN BABYLON! PART 1) I am still trying to lose weight after all these years, the natural way, no surgery because God told me "no surgery".  With all that being said I have never given up hope. I still believe that God is going to heal me, and the fact that He has given me a wife tells me that time is near, I can see the light at the end of the tunnel Hallelujah!! 

                                  GOD BLESS YOU ALL, BROTHER DARRELL, A WATCHMAN 

No comments: