Thursday, September 13, 2012

LORD BLIND ME THAT I MAY SEE!!!

Praise the Lord everybody! Let everything that have breath praise his Holy name!! I pray you all are enjoying Gods blessing. I'm starting to feel better and I started a seven day consecration with my wife yesterday. Please keep us in prayer as we wait on the Lord to guide us on what He wants us to do next and how he wants us to do it. We desire to live right in the center of Gods will for us, finding out what that is, there is the problem. What is Gods will for us on a day to day basis? We know that He loves us and wishes that none of us should perish. Evey day I wake up and pray that Gods will be done in my life and then I wait.

Acts 22:6-10 states
6 And it came to pass, that, as I made my journey, and was come nigh unto Damascus about noon, suddenly there shone from heaven a great light round about me.
7 And I fell unto the ground, and heard a voice saying unto me, Saul, Saul, why persecutest thou me?
8 And I answered, Who art thou, Lord? And he said unto me, I am Jesus of Nazareth, whom thou persecutest.
9 And they that were with me saw indeed the light, and were afraid; but they heard not the voice of him that spake to me. 
10 And I said, What shall I do, Lord? And the Lord said unto me, Arise, and go into Damascus; and there it shall be told thee of all things which are appointed for thee to do.

The first step in getting to know Gods will for your life is, you have to have a direction changing encounter with Jesus. You have to stop going in the direction you were going and allow Him to get your attention and turn you into a new person going in a new direction. The right direction. Like Saul many of us feel we are serving God until we find out we were working outside, and against His will. It could be as simple as standing on the wrong corner while handing out tracks, When the Spirit of God first gave you the idea He said "Get up and go pass out tracks on 28th street." but you decide to go to 38th street because you rationalize that there are more "sinners" on 38th street because of the clubs there. Just that quick you have stepped out of the center of Gods will and went off your own way, If God said 28th street you better believe He had a reason. Saul of Tarsus was operating outside of Gods will while persecuting Christians until he was blinded by the light of Christ.
Acts 22 verse 11 states
11 And when I could not see for the glory of that light, being led by the hand of them that were with me, I came into Damascus.

The glory of God should be the light that blinds us from seeing the WORLD with all of it's distractions and keeps us reaching out for the guiding hand of God. Saul was blinded by the light and became Paul a man devoted to letting God see for him. He was blind to who he was, only seeing what he had become and where he had to go. He saw no other way out, often calling himself a "prisoner" of  Christ. A willing prisoner yet a prisoner all the same. Bowing to His will in all things.

In Acts 22:14+15 Paul begins to learn Gods will for him,
14 And he said, The God of our fathers hath chosen thee, that thou shouldest know his will, and see that Just One, and shouldest hear the voice of his mouth.
15 For thou shalt be his witness unto all men of what thou hast seen and heard.


We are chosen to know Gods will just as Paul was chosen and confronted on the road to Damascus. Every morning I pray God would knock me off my horse and blind me to the cares of this world. I reach out my hand to Him for guidance and I trust Him as a blind man must trust his guide." Lord blind my natural eyes that my spiritual eyes may be opened that I may see and know your will."

                   God bless you all, Brother Darrell, A Watchman

3 comments:

Cheryl Chaney said...

WOW! What an awesome word and testimony. I do to wonder what GOD wants me to do. What are my instructions? I pray everyday that I'm doing his WILL. May GOD continue to BLESS you and your family! BLESSINGS! IJN

Anonymous said...

Awesome word! I too wonder what GOD wants me to do. What are my instructions? Thank you so much for sharing your testimony and word it was truly a BLESSING to me. May God continue to Bless you and Sis Darton! BLESSINGS! IJN

Anonymous said...

I also ask god for his plans for me because his plans is for greater than mine.