Monday, October 15, 2012

"TO WHOM SHALL I GO? THE DEVIL IS A LIAR!

Praise the Lord everybody! because He is worthy to be praised! I pray you are all enjoying Gods blessing. truly the Lord is good. I can't thank Him enough for what He has done and is doing in my life. I have grown through every trial and tribulation, at times I was slow on the uptake but when I got it God blessed me and moved me on to the next lesson.

Recently My wife and I, especially my wife has suffered an increase in attacks on our bodies health and these attacks have gotten to the point where we will have to make some major changes in our life's plans because of there effect on our quality of life. I was sitting down meditating on those things when the enemy had the audacity to whisper in my ear "why don't you just give up? go back to the way things were, make things easy on yourself." I could hear him smiling as he said it and I got immediately angry and said "Oh hell no!" I'm sorry but I said it, "I'm not falling for that one, If I give up on God where am I going? to you?"

I thought about Peter and the other disciples and how they reacted after what Jesus said in John 6:53-56
53 Then Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Except ye eat the flesh of the Son of man, and drink his blood, ye have no life in you. 

54 Whoso eateth my flesh, and drinketh my blood, hath eternal life; and I will raise him up at the last day.
55 For my flesh is meat indeed, and my blood is drink indeed.
 
After this many stopped following Jesus and He then turned to the twelve and asked them did they want to leave also and Peter answered in verse 68
68 Then Simon Peter answered him, Lord, to whom shall we go? thou hast the words of eternal life.

I was feeling how Peter must have felt, eat flesh, drink blood or be born again, what ever! I'm willing to do it because Jesus alone has the words of eternal life. Just the thought of dancing with the devil again made me sick. The enemy had me drug addicted, homeless, filthy, lying and stealing. I cared only for myself and had no concept of love, how to receive it and how to give it. Jesus has changed all of that, He has given me a new life filled with love but the devil is a liar and everything he says is twisted.


I want to be like Peter, passionate in my desire to serve and follow Christ, take John 13:8+9
8 Peter saith unto him, Thou shalt never wash my feet. Jesus answered him, If I wash thee not, thou hast no part with me.
9 Simon Peter saith unto him, Lord, not my feet only, but also my hands and my head.

I want all the Jesus I can get just like Peter. I may not be the brightest bulb but I have enough light to see on what side my bread is buttered on. The blessings of the Lord are everywhere and He adds no sorrow to them. The devil lies to you and then laugths atyou when disaster strikes you.

Give up on God? Then what? To whom shall we go? There is life in Jesus and that life is more abundant.
                           God bless you all, Brother Darrell, A Watchman


 

 



 

1 comment:

Cheryl Chaney said...

AMEN BROTHER DARDEN! What a WORD...Thank you so much GOD ALWAYS sends a WORD when YOU need it most. BLESSINGS! IJN