Thursday, January 17, 2013

IS YOUR GOD HIGH AND LIFTED UP?

Praise the Lord everybody! For He is worthy to be praised!! I pray everyone is enjoying Gods blessing. My wife and I are blessed and were blessed today at the "Hour of power" service at our church and our Pastor Elder Johnny Green was anointed and brought forth a powerful message from Philippians chapter three called "Watch them dogs!" It was during that teaching that I began to think about how we perceive our behaviors and our sins based on how we perceive God.

You see it all around you in the body of Christ, "Christians" performing and condoning all kinds of ungodly acts. I think of myself and how many years ago I was a young, new convert just out of drug rehab. and answering the call into full time ministry. God was using me and it was great! for awhile anyway. Then I began to fall apart. When I fell I fell hard and my Pastor at the time had to sit me down, I was devastated he was disappointed. He said to me "Brother Darrell your problem is you don't fear God" I felt like he insulted me, "I fear God." I proclaimed. "I love the Lord as much as anyone!" I said. I did not understand what he meant at the time, I would learn later he was right.


Isaiah 6:1-5 In the year that king Uzziah died I saw also the Lord sitting upon a throne, high and lifted up, and his train filled the temple.
2 Above it stood the seraphims: each one had six wings; with twain he covered his face, and with twain he covered his feet, and with twain he did fly.

3 And one cried unto another, and said, Holy, holy, holy, is the Lord of hosts: the whole earth is full of his glory.

4 And the posts of the door moved at the voice of him that cried, and the house was filled with smoke.

5 Then said I, Woe is me! for I am undone; because I am a man of unclean lips, and I dwell in the midst of a people of unclean lips: for mine eyes have seen the King, the Lord of hosts

Isaiah feared the Lord. He saw the Lord for what He was and that reminded him of who he was in comparison. At that time I still had a lot of pride, I had a college degree in Nursing, I worked the emergency room at one of New York's best hospitals and I was good and I made a lot of money, I felt unstoppable and not even God could deny that I felt. Yes I loved God in my own way but I only needed Him to help me with stuff I couldn't handle myself or so I thought.

I was just like a lot of believers and even non believers, we tend to put God in a box and pull Him out when we need Him. We just refuse to believe we are not in control of our own paths in life. I did not see God "high and lifted up." I tried to bring him down to my level, an equal partner in our kingdom.
Then one day God let me know who He was. He Stripped me of the thing I treasured the most in my life at that time, my career. He shut me down and closed every door and this hot shot Nurse could not get a job as a nurse anywhere. He used a job as a telemarketer to to teach me the fear of the Lord.

It was the year that my ego died and I saw the Lord and for the first time I saw him and He was high and lifted up and his train filled this temple. It was then I realized I was not a Nurse but a man of unclean lips who was living among a people of unclean lips. I was not in charge, it was not my will but his will, it all became clear and when it did guess what? God gave me back my career, blessed be the name of the Lord!

The bible says in Proverbs 9: 10+11
10 The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom: and the knowledge of the holy is understanding.

11 For by me thy days shall be multiplied, and the years of thy life shall be increased.

Our lives are in His hands and it;s at His pleasure that we live and breath and have our being.
When you become aware of this you will fear Hod in all you do.
                             God bless you all, Brother Darrell, A Watchman
 

 
 
 
 

No comments: