Tuesday, February 12, 2013

HOLD ON OLD SOLDIER!!!

Praise the Lord everybody fore He is worthy to be praised!! I pray everyone is enjoying Gods blessing. My wife and I are enjoying the blessing of a warm home during this nor-easter that is pounding our area today. God is moving in our ministries and we are still believing Him for our healing.
While in prayer yesterday He reminded me of an article I wrote for my churches website awhile back called "I am a soldier" all about soldiering in the army of the Lord and the things you have to endure while serving in His army. As I was thinking on those things a song came into my spirit "Hold on old soldier!" and as I sang that song to myself God gave me this scripture, 1st Samuel 30: 3-8
3 So David and his men came to the city, and, behold, it was burned with fire; and their wives, and their sons, and their daughters, were taken captives.

4 Then David and the people that were with him lifted up their voice and wept, until they had no more power to weep.

5 And David's two wives were taken captives, Ahinoam the Jezreelitess, and Abigail the wife of Nabal the Carmelite.

6 And David was greatly distressed; for the people spake of stoning him, because the soul of all the people was grieved, every man for his sons and for his daughters: but David encouraged himself in the Lord his God.

7 And David said to Abiathar the priest, Ahimelech's son, I pray thee, bring me hither the ephod. And Abiathar brought thither the ephod to David.

8 And David enquired at the Lord, saying, Shall I pursue after this troop? shall I overtake them? And he answered him, Pursue: for thou shalt surely overtake them, and without fail recover all

I thought about how David and his men had been out doing what soldiers do and after another long battle were finally on their way home. They were looking forward to some rest, some peace of mind, a time of refreshing with their wives and children as they trudged home in anticipation of all these things. When they finally arrive home they are hit with another trial another heartache another let down. My wife and I have been experiencing the same thing lately, every time we think we're getting out something pulls us back in.

Davids men did not handle this well, they began to dis pare and became angry with David and even talked about stoning him but David did the right thing, he encouraged himself in the Lord. He asked for and as king put on the priestly garment and enquired of the Lord as to what he should do about all this.
We are soldiers, my wife and I but we are also joint heirs with Christ and as such are able to put on our priestly garments encourage our selves in the Lord. And that's exactly what we have begun to do. We are spending more time before God enquiring of Him, "what shall we do?" and just waiting on Him in his presence. What a wonderful thing.

When David enquired of the Lord, He was told " Pursue: for thou shalt surely overtake them, and without fail recover all" And God is telling us the same thing today. Pursue your hopes, your dreams, your desires and most importantly your needs. you will not only catch up to them but you will "overtake" them meaning like David not only will you get what you went after but you will get more than you had hoped for like they did.  More importantly you will "recover all" recover your family, your friends, your job, your career, your wife, your husband and your life, whatever was stolen from you. PRAISE THE LORD!!!!. 

           HOLD ON OLD SOLDIER! PERSUE, OVERTAKE, RECOVER ALL!!!!
                                     God bless you all, Brother Darrell, A Watchman
 

No comments: