Saturday, April 13, 2013

FLINT FACED MEN !!

 
Praise the Lord everybody! for He is worthy to be praised! I pray everybody is enjoying Gods grace and blessing. I am so encouraged by what God is doing in my life and at my church.(First church of Christ Holiness N.Y.C.) God is on the move and we better be ready to move with Him. These are the times that Paul talked about where men must STAND and when we have done all to stand we must still stand. This week God is showing me the type of man it takes to stand through all in these last and evil days.

Isaiah 50:4-7   
4 The Lord God hath given me the tongue of the learned, that I should know how to speak a word in season to him that is weary: he wakeneth morning by morning, he wakeneth mine ear to hear as the learned.

5 The Lord God hath opened mine ear, and I was not rebellious, neither turned away back.

6 I gave my back to the smiters, and my cheeks to them that plucked off the hair: I hid not my face from shame and spitting.

7 For the Lord God will help me; therefore shall I not be confounded: therefore have I set my face like a flint, and I know that I shall not be ashamed


When I read this I think of men like Noah, Abraham, Daniel, David, Joseph, Isaiah, Peter, Paul and many others. I call them "Flint Faced Men" were they perfect? No! but they were Men who were determined to serve God no matter what. In season and out of season, politically correct or not. They also set their faces like flint, "Why flint?" I thought to myself. Flint is a very hard stone and there are plenty of hard rocks God could have used in His word, but flint is special, because when you strike it it sends off sparks and is used to start fires. Flint Faced Men start fires! When struck with adversity they don't fold or fall down, they use it to spark a fire, a fire that burns within. It burns with a determined desire to serve God no matter what the hardship, inconvenience or set back. Abraham was "Flint Faced" as he led his son Isaac to be sacrificed. Daniel was "Flint faced" as he refused to bow down to the statue of Nebuchadnezzar and faced the lions den., Isaiah as he faced the prophets of Baal, David as he faced Goliath and Peter and Paul as they faced death numerous times for preaching the Gospel.

There are many examples of Flint Faced men through out the bible, they are there as examples to us. Everywhere we go holy ghost fire should break out, revivals should break out, healing should accur. people ought to be delivered and captives should be set free. This is my goal, to be focused on God to the point that I become a "flint faced" man of God and spark Holy Ghost fire where ever I go. The Lord did it for Ezekiel in Ezekiel 3:8-10  
8 Behold, I have made thy face strong against their faces, and thy forehead strong against their foreheads.

9 As an adamant harder than flint have I made thy forehead: fear them not, neither be dismayed at their looks, though they be a rebellious house.

10 Moreover he said unto me, Son of man, all my words that I shall speak unto thee receive in thine heart, and hear with thine ears.

I shall not be moved, like a tree planted near the waters, I shall not be moved!

            God bless you all, Brother Darrell, A Watchman



 









There 








No comments: