Tuesday, April 23, 2013

WHY WE MUST DIE!


Praise the Lord everybody! for He is worthy to be praised! Despite everything that's going on in the world one thing I know, and that is that God is good!! My wife and I have been holding on a long time for our healing and a financial blessing from God and we don't know when He's going to do it but one thing we do know is that God is good no matter what.

 The other day my wife and I went to the "Hour of Power" at our church and Pastor Green was preaching from 2nd Corinthians and the Holy Ghost was moving through the church. Later that day I was drawn back to 2nd Corinthians chapter four and I started to meditate on it. The words "live, death and dying" kept jumping out at me. 2nd Corinthians 4:7-12   
7 But we have this treasure in earthen vessels, that the excellency of the power may be of God, and not of us.

8 We are troubled on every side, yet not distressed; we are perplexed, but not in despair;

9 Persecuted, but not forsaken; cast down, but not destroyed;

10 Always bearing about in the body the dying of the Lord Jesus, that the life also of Jesus might be made manifest in our body.

11 For we which live are always delivered unto death for Jesus' sake, that the life also of Jesus might be made manifest in our mortal flesh.

12 So then death worketh in us, but life in you

 The bible talks about being born again and dying to self in other places but I received a new way of looking at it, Jesus wants to enter our lives by putting us on like a flesh suit, a garment He can wear as He works in this world. Great! but in order for Him to be effective, we must die. Dead people have no needs, desires or wants so the power that gives us life, has no hindrances.

Imagine if your garments had a mind of their own. Your trying to get dressed for work and as you put your shirt on your pants are trying to take themselves off or visa verse. You like your clothes neat and clean and your clothes keep jumping off the hanger on to the floor. WE HAVE TO DIE!!
We have to die so that God can work through us. WE HAVE TO DIE SO THAT OTHERS MAY LIVE! My flesh, my desires have at times been a great hindrance, they refuse to stay dead. I've had more resurrections then Lazarus and Jesus but I have come to point in my walk where I am determined to stay dead no matter what the cost. I'm fasting more, praying more and studying more.

We have to deny ourselves to stay dead. Feed the spirit, not the flesh. Dead people don't argue about their so-called "rights" They don't kick against the "pricks" and there "flesh" is totally under subjection because it is not being fed. I'm consecrating this week and probably every week from now on, I want to die so God can use me so that others might live.
                                              God bless you all, Brother Darrell, A Watchman

No comments: