Thursday, May 30, 2013

CHURCH A.D.D.( ATTENTION DEFICIT DISORDER!)

Praise the Lord everybody, for He is worthy to be praised! I trust everyone is enjoying Gods blessing. It is a wonderful thing to see God moving in your life all around you. Let me say this, the devil is not happy about what God is about to do for my wife and I's ministry and personal life. We just have to just continue to press on a little while longer, Praise God!!

Last week I shared something on the prayer line that I'm going to now share with you. The scripture is John 21:17-22    
17 He saith unto him the third time, Simon, son of Jonas, lovest thou me? Peter was grieved because he said unto him the third time, Lovest thou me? And he said unto him, Lord, thou knowest all things; thou knowest that I love thee. Jesus saith unto him, Feed my sheep.

18 Verily, verily, I say unto thee, When thou wast young, thou girdest thyself, and walkedst whither thou wouldest: but when thou shalt be old, thou shalt stretch forth thy hands, and another shall gird thee, and carry thee whither thou wouldest not.

19 This spake he, signifying by what death he should glorify God. And when he had spoken this, he saith unto him, Follow me.

20 Then Peter, turning about, seeth the disciple whom Jesus loved following; which also leaned on his breast at supper, and said, Lord, which is he that betrayeth thee?

21 Peter seeing him saith to Jesus, Lord, and what shall this man do?

22 Jesus saith unto him, If I will that he tarry till I come, what is that to thee? follow thou me.

 There is an illness in the body of Christ that has been going on since it's inception. I believe Peter was the first documented case Peter who had denied knowing Jesus three times on the night he was betrayed, was being restored by Jesus and given a charge by Jesus to “feed my sheep.” Instead of Peter being overwhelmed by the grace and mercy of Jesus and thereby out of love and gratitude placing his complete attention on Him, He at that wonderful moment of restoration and love takes his focus off Jesus and starts worrying about what God had in store for another brother. Jesus of course rebuked Peter and in essence told him stop worrying about the next man and focus on following Him.


The same thing is true today in the body of Christ.  Many have forgotten where God has brought them from. They have forgotten His grace and his mercy concerning them and their promise to focus on and follow Jesus. They have become distracted by petty jealousies and gossip. They are focused on man and not God. They begin to question certain decisions and appointments the pastor makes. They want to know why they were not considered or at least consulted concerning those issues.

They begin to question God, wondering why this one or that one is being blessed and they are still waiting. Self importance and pride set in and before long bitterness and anger. They then fade away into a back slided state, all because they have a case of Church Attention Deficit Disorder. A.D.D. started in the world and that’s understandable,
but when it infects the body of Christ, that is unacceptable. The bible says when we put our hands to the Gospel plow don’t look back and we are not to look to the left or the right. If God has called you to feed His sheep, feed His sheep, If God has called you to sing his praises, sing his praises, if God has called you to be an usher, then usher. What ever you have been called to do, do that and work out your own salvation with fear and trembling. Philippians 2: 1212 Wherefore, my beloved, as ye have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence, work out your own salvation with fear and trembling

                God bless you all, Brother Darrell, Watching from the wall



 


 

No comments: