Monday, May 6, 2013

I CAN'T SHUT IT DOWN!

Praise the Lord everybody! for He alone is worthy to be praised! I must confess that recently I had become very frustrated with all the trials my wife and I have been going through the past few years.
For a few seconds I began to wander what it would feel like to just shut it down, stop writing this blog, stop being on the prayer line, stop hearing from "friends" and "haters" and back biting church folk as I stop  pressing my way through every hindrance thrown my way that have been preventing me from going to church on a regular basis and being effective for God.

Then like Peter I said to whom shall I go? John 6: 67-69
67 Then said Jesus unto the twelve, Will ye also go away?

68 Then Simon Peter answered him, Lord, to whom shall we go? thou hast the words of eternal life.

69 And we believe and are sure that thou art that Christ, the Son of the living God

This is why I can't shut it down, where am I going? back to drugs? back to Satan and his lies?
I am who God says I am. I am a man of God, a praying man, a watchman. God forbid I don't write, God forbid I don't pray and God forbid I don't watch am I perfect? No. But I'm pressing my way. Jeremiah said it was "like fire shut up in his bones. Jeremiah 20:9 9 Then I said, I will not make mention of him, nor speak any more in his name. But his word was in mine heart as a burning fire shut up in my bones, and I was weary with forbearing, and I could not stay

I have a burning desire to love Him to serve Him, to do His will, God has placed that desire in a former crack addict and I have to hold on no matter what comes my way. I can't shut it down! God has called me to be a Watchman, He said He would allow me to see things through His eyes and then give me what to write. Psalm 32:8+9
8 I will instruct thee and teach thee in the way which thou shalt go: I will guide thee with mine eye.

9 Be ye not as the horse, or as the mule, which have no understanding: whose mouth must be held in with bit and bridle, lest they come near unto thee.

For this blessing I must suffer many things but I'm going to keep pressing, keep seeking, keep writing and keep praying and no Devil, so called friend or Church folk are going to discourage or turn me around
                               
                       God bless you all, Brother Darrell, A Watchman

1 comment:

Joe Scot Schroeder said...

Brother Darrell,
May the peace of our Lord be with you and your family.
I decided that I probably should be reading some of the blogs that are presented on GFB and make a few comments now and again. I begin with yours...
When I read your post today I could sense some of your conflict, your frustration, your ongoing struggle within yourself and with those around you. The battle is on and it doesn't seem to be getting easier. I must admit that I have felt similar from time to time, but praise God you and I have been given His strength to press on.
I humbly ask and offer encouragement that you continue in the fight, face the hurricane and hold on, shine the beacon of light of the Gospel in this darkened world. It's easy to give up and give in. Satan would love to wreck your faith. He would love to make an example and say to the whole world, "See, here is another pathetic Christian whom I've so easily crushed!"
You were created for a special purpose, a unique calling. You are under the authority and protection of the Almighty God through the blood-cleansing of our Lord, Jesus Christ!
I'll be praying for you, your family and ask God to provide healing and deliverance.
Take care, your brother in Christ...
Joe