Friday, June 28, 2013

TO THE TINDER BOX: LORD LET ME BE A MATCH!!

Praise the Lord everybody for He is worthy to be praised! I was truly blessed this past Sunday at church. The spirit of praise came through in a mighty way and Pastor Green brought forth a powerful word,
The moment my wife and I walked in I could feel the bubbling undercurrent, something was about to happen. We walked in at the end of Sunday School and as each class gave a summary of what they learned that day you could feel the anticipation grow, there was a special joy in the building, more than the usual. As the service began I noticed that the people were hungering and thirsting for something from God, the place was like a tinder box and all that was needed was a match to get things started.

At this point I felt the Lord say "get up on your feet and give a testimony of my goodness", I have no problem giving a testimony but it was the "get up on your feet" part that caused me to pause because I never stand for anything because of my disability and everybody knows this but this was the Lord speaking so when the time came I was obedient. I spoke about how God had worked out my problem with my transportation so that I was able to come back to church after four weeks of being stranded.
As I spoke the spirit of joy was all over me and I shouted "Hallelujah!!" and Glory to God that was the "match" lit the whole place up. Then Pastor Green came with the word of God and gave drink to the thirsty masses. Praise God.

All I could think about after we arrived home was another "tinder box", the upper room on the day of Pentecost. Acts 2:1-4And when the day of Pentecost was fully come, they were all with one accord in one place.
And suddenly there came a sound from heaven as of a rushing mighty wind, and it filled all the house where they were sitting.
And there appeared unto them cloven tongues like as of fire, and it sat upon each of them And they were all filled with the Holy Ghost, and began to speak with other tongues, as the Spirit gave them utterance

A tinder box is a place that is full of highly combustible material, like a church crying out for a touch from God. Pentecost was such a time. Over one hundred were gathered there, seeking God for direction and understanding after the death and resurrection of Jesus, some were confused, some were distraught but all were seeking God for answers, It was the perfect volatile mix and all that was needed was a  spark. Enter the Holy Spirit, the "match" that would set everyone on fire, the match that would ignite the "tinder Box" that was the upper room. Now the Holy Spirit dwells in us and we carry Him where ever we go.

God says in His word in Psalms 104:1-4 Bless the Lord, O my soul. O Lord my God, thou art very great; thou art clothed with honour and majesty.
Who coverest thyself with light as with a garment: who stretchest out the heavens like a curtain:
Who layeth the beams of his chambers in the waters: who maketh the clouds his chariot: who walketh upon the wings of the wind:
Who maketh his angels spirits; his ministers a flaming fire

He makes "His ministers a flaming fire", I want to be one of those ministers, I want to be a "match" for the Lord, I want to bring Holy Ghost fire where ever I Go. I want to be His minister. I want to bring fire to those places that just need a spark for praise to break out, for revival to breakout along with yokes being destroyed and healing taking place. Not for my glory but because I desire to do all I can for God because of all He has done for me, I love the Lord.

Getting that kind of anointing requires Holy living, fasting and praying and spending quality time before the Lord. These things I can never do enough of because I am flesh, but I STRIVE everyday to serve Him to the best of my ability.

USE ME OH LORD FOR YOUR GLORY AND HONOR AND TO THE TINDER BOX: LET ME BE A MATCH!
                                  God bless you all, Brother Darrell, Speaking off the wall

No comments: