Tuesday, July 30, 2013

GET UP AND HANDLE YOUR BUSINESS!!


Praise the Lord, everybody, because He is worthy to be praised!!! I pray everyone is enjoying Gods blessing. God is doing a new thing in my life each and every day it seems. My wife and I are at this point living from day to day by faith and loving it, just waiting on Him for our daily bread.

A little while ago while I sat wondering why God was allowing all these trials to come our way He brought me to the book of Joshua chapter 10. I read the first nine verses about the defeat of Israel's army at Ai and how distraught Joshua was and how he fasted and prayed to ask God "why" and this is what He answered, Joshua 10:10-12 10 And the Lord said unto Joshua, Get thee up; wherefore liest thou thus upon thy face?

11 Israel hath sinned, and they have also transgressed my covenant which I commanded them: for they have even taken of the accursed thing, and have also stolen, and dissembled also, and they have put it even among their own stuff.

12 Therefore the children of Israel could not stand before their enemies, but turned their backs before their enemies, because they were accursed: neither will I be with you anymore, except ye destroy the accursed from among you.

Have you ever found yourself going through something and you're not getting the victory you expected over the situation, so you start fasting, praying and then crying out to God. After a while, you begin to think your prayers are not getting through and then God says to you what He basically said to Joshua " get up and handle your business, there's sin in the camp!"

All the praying and fasting in the world can't help, Joshua had to get up and deal with the sin. I began to check myself for sins. Sins like drug abuse, adultery, stealing etc. are easy to identify but as was the case with Achan some are hidden away and not obvious to others and often justified in the eyes of the sinner. I found myself to have been disobedient on a number of occasions when I heard God speak and did not carry out what I was assigned to do. This is rebellion and Gods word says "rebellion" is as the sin of "witchcraft" and "stubbornness" is as "iniquity and idolatry", I had to change, I claim I know His voice so then I must be obedient when He speaks. There is no justification for disobedience. Thanks be to God I don't have to do to myself what Joshua had to do to Achan and his family, I just have purposed in my heart to be obedient and I have asked God to help me with this.

The body of Christ in America finds itself having this same problem. Every time something happens in this country that knocks us out of our comfort zone, like 9/11 or Katrina we turn to God in droves. Years later we find ourselves still caught up in the war on terrorism and the weather is more unpredictable than ever. sexual immorality is the new normal and We seek God for answers and it seems like He's not listening. The Church the moral compass of this country is ineffective, THERE IS SIN IN THE CAMP and God is saying "GET UP AND HANDLE YOUR BUSINESS!"

. The Church in America has lost its way. We have compromised and politically corrected ourselves to the point where Gods word is so watered down that what we teach and preach is at times borderline sin at best and heretical at least. We need to stop trying to simulate the world and start assimilating the world for Christ. We’ve got to get back to sound doctrine and stand flat-footed against the winds of change and the Anti-Christ spirit that is growing in this country. Let’s get back to calling sin what it is, SIN, and root it out of the Church.

We are the Church, so we must each examine ourselves and recognize our sins, by the way, disobedience is not the only thing I found in my life but with Gods help they are no longer in my "camp" I put them on the altar to be burned by Holy Ghost fire. So get up handle your business and be effective for God.

              God bless you all, Brother Darrell, speaking off the wall        





  

No comments: