Friday, August 30, 2013

GETTING "HIGH" ON THE "MIGHTY"

Let everything that has breath praise the Lord!! "Though He slay me yet will I praise Him" I may be in the valley right now but God is with me every step of the way. His rod and staff comfort me and He lets me know everything is going to be alright. Sometimes you have to look back at who God has been in your life and where He has brought you from. Thinking on that is when God led me to the following scripture and post.



   Obadiah 3+4                 3) "The pride of thine heart hath deceived thee, thou that dwellest in the clefts of the rock, whose habitation is high; that saith in his heart, who shall bring me down to the ground?" 4)”Though you soar like the Eagle and make your nest among the stars, from there I will bring you down; declares the Lord.”

The bible says “Pride goeth before a fall” And for good reason. There are a lot of people, in the body and out, who are going around trusting in anything but God. Their faith is in created things and not the creator. They believe in wealth, to them money is power. They hire body guards and put in expensive security systems and live in tall buildings and they say “I am safe, who can touch me here?” But the bible says in 1st Cor. 10: 12  "So, if you think you are standing firm, be careful that you don't fall"

 There was a time when I counted myself among the “high and the mighty”, there I was, college educated, a professional Registered Nurse. I had made it I thought to myself, I have reached the promised land, “who can stop me?” I thought to myself. To make matters worse I counted myself a Christian, a disciple of Christ. Yes I had a drug problem that I was depending on God to help me with, but for everything else I was set, after all I had my degree, my License, they would surely open up any doors I needed opened and provide finances for whatever material things I would need. I did not need God for these things I believed at the time. I was my own man or so I thought.

God has a way of getting your attention and letting you know who’s in charge. He closed doors no college degree or R.N. license could open. No gift of gab or sparkling personality can get you a job that He does not want you to have. I learned that the hard way but it was a good lesson to learn. The word says “The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom” it also says “The Earth is the Lords and the fullness there of.”once we learn to let God take control of our lives and trust that He “can do exceedingly and abundantly better than we can ever hope for or ask” we can rest in peace in Him, once I learned that, doors began to open again but not because of me but because it was His will.

Let us stop putting our trust in ourselves and other created things and put our trust in the creator of all things. Now I'm "high" on the Holy Ghost and "mighty" through God, Amen.
                     God bless you all, Brother Darrell, Speaking Off The Wall


No comments: