Monday, September 23, 2013

"IN THE BEGINNING WAS THE WORD..."


Praise the Lord everybody fore He is worthy to be praised! I love the Lord and I love His word, I stand on it and try to live by it each and everyday and I have not been disappointed in it's power and wisdom. That is why it bothers me when people question Gods word and it's authority. The following is a little something God inspired me to write.

Galatians 1:10-12  10 For do I now persuade men, or God? or do I seek to please men? for if I yet pleased men, I should not be the servant of Christ.11 But I certify you, brethren, that the gospel which was preached of me is not after man.12 For I neither received it of man, neither was I taught it, but by the revelation of Jesus Christ. 


Whenever I am witnessing I hear this all the time, “men wrote the bible” or “the bible was changed by men to fit their purposes.” Paul had to address the same accusations from the Galatians. People then and today don’t want to hear the truth. They want to soften Gods word by saying “God never said that! Men just put that in there because it was a popular idea at the time of the crusades.” A lot of homosexuals said that about scripture condemning homosexuality. The truth of the matter is, yes, homosexuality was an accepted practice among men pretty much since the beginning of time, especially during the time of the Roman Empire. So was prostitution, human sacrifice and a plethora of other unseemly practices,They were called SIN, by God and He Spoke against sin from the very beginning when Adam and Eve committed the first one allowing sin to enter the world.

 Even before God Gave Moses the law He Gave man a since of right and wrong, a conscience, that’s how Joseph knew to run and not sleep with Potithars wife. I’m sure back then just as today there were plenty of men who would have gladly taken his place.

 Today We believers have more than just a conscience we have the Holy Spirit indwelling us, leading us into all truth. Paul said “we have the mind of Christ”So I say to you “who is making up what?” Next time a non believer tells you that Man made up the bible; just hold your head high and say “all scripture is God breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness, so that the man of God may be thoroughly equipped for every good work" (2nd Timothy 3:16) “ Gods word also says in 1st Corinthians 1: 17-19  17 For Christ sent me not to baptize, but to preach the gospel: not with wisdom of words, lest the cross of Christ should be made of none effect.
18 For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God.
19 For it is written, I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and will bring to nothing the understanding of the prudent.

God said it and I believe it. "Let God be true and every man a liar.”
                            God Bess you.  Brother Darrell, Speaking Off The Wall                                                                                                                                                                                    


No comments: