Wednesday, January 1, 2014

RESOLUTION 2014: IT'S PURE AND SIMPLE

Praise the Lord everybody for He alone is worthy!! And Happy New Year!! As I sit back and take stock of the year 2013 I see that with all the trials and tribulations
God has brought me from a mighty long way. I have learned to accept what God allows, to trust in Him totally. I find that when I tell some of my fellow Brothers and Sisters in Christ this they Look at me as if I am speaking another language. They can't seem to rap their minds around the fact that God would allow that to happen to a "good" Christian, but first of all, who is "good?"
 even Jesus said not to call Him good in Matthew 19:16-17
King James Version (KJV)
16 And, behold, one came and said unto him, Good Master, what good thing shall I do, that I may have eternal life?

17 And he said unto him, Why callest thou me good? there is none good but one, that is, God: but if thou wilt enter into life, keep the commandments. 

Trials don't stop coming because you are "good." I am not cursed accept for the curse of being born in sin and shaped in iniquity just like everyone else. I am not practicing secrete sin but I struggle everyday to do what is right in the eyes of God because I am still just a man of flesh and bone.

I believe these trials have come to prove and purge me as God is preparing me to take me to another Level for His usage. He is not releasing finances so that I can learn to trust Him for everything no matter what. He is not releasing healing so I can learn to press my way through by faith and He sometimes incarcerates me at home so that I can know that He is all that I need and when He wants to get my full attention.

I'm like Job now who said in Job 13:14-16
King James Version (KJV)
14 Wherefore do I take my flesh in my teeth, and put my life in mine hand?

15 Though he slay me, yet will I trust in him: but I will maintain mine own ways before him.

16 He also shall be my salvation: for an hypocrite shall not come before him.

We Christians sometimes say and claim a lot of things to each other out of habit or just because it sounds like the right thing to say but when we are alone what are we doing and saying. I say "I trust God", I say "I love the Lord," I sing "Victory in Jesus!" and "there is power in the blood" but are we walking in "power" and in "victory" when It's only you and God. When trials come on every hand do you really "feel like Going on?" God has got me in a place now where I trust him no matter what, I love him no matter what, and I praise Him no matter what!

This year I not only want to be able to quote scripture but I want to live scripture.

If a man of God can make his own New Years resolution the I resolve to love Him more, trust Him more, be more attentive and obedient to Him in all my ways.
If I do these things how can I go wrong? PURE AND SIMPLE!

 HAPPY NEW YEAR! God bless you all, Brother Darrell, Speaking Off The Wall


No comments: