Monday, March 10, 2014

IT MAY BE DARK BUT I STILL SEE JESUS!!: REVISITED



Praise the Lord everybody! I pray you all are enjoying God's blessing. I must admit that I and my wife are going through what some might call a dark time. Not so much in our marriage as it is in our everyday lives. The trials and the hindrances we face now are approaching biblical proportions, any day I expect Moses to come knocking on my door crying "let my people go!" The light is flickering at the end of the tunnel. It may be dark  but I can still see Jesus and that's enough for me.

I wrote the above and the following paragraphs two years ago and I must say in the physical realm nothing has changed but in the spiritual God has used these trials to stretch out our faith to another level. I must say I am not the man I was before these trials and that encouraged me to revisit this post and see where God has brought me from and if you are experiencing the same things I pray it blesses you. BACK TO THE POST:

It is my faith that keeps me putting one foot in front of the other. Faith gets me out of bed and into the shower and starts me on my way, to make matters worst my wife and I have to endure this trial apart from each other having to combine our faith by long distance. Right now it's just me and God holding things down here at home. Sometimes I think of what Paul wrote in 1st Peter 4: 12+13
12 Beloved, think it not strange concerning the fiery trial which is to try you, as though some strange thing happened unto you:
13 But rejoice, inasmuch as ye are partakers of Christ's sufferings; that, when his glory shall be revealed, ye may be glad also with exceeding joy.

I Start to meditate on this and I stand up a little taller, then I think about Psalm 30:4,5,6
Sing unto the Lord, O ye saints of his, and give thanks at the remembrance of his holiness.
For his anger endureth but a moment; in his favour is life: weeping may endure for a night, but joy cometh in the morning.
And in my prosperity I said, I shall never be moved.

As I meditate on these verses I begin to smile "In his favour is Life: weeping may endure for a night, but joy cometh in the morning and In my prosperity I said I shall not be moved"Praise God! you might say "what favour? what prosperity? your in the middle of a fiery trial." But I am reminded of whose I am and who I serve, I have favour because I am covered in the blood of Jesus and that makes me a son of God from that comes my prosperity, I am a joint heir with Christ and in that I will not be moved! I then begin to think of Gods grace, the grace He gives us so that we can stand during these times of tribulation. Romans 5: 1-4 states
Therefore being justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ:
By whom also we have access by faith into this grace wherein we stand, and rejoice in hope of the glory of God.
And not only so, but we glory in tribulations also: knowing that tribulation worketh patience;
And patience, experience; and experience, hope:

This is just another experience, something I can look back on and use as a testimony to the power of God. It's part of that amazing grace we have through faith in God. My trial by this time is now whittled down from a mountain to a mole hill and I can now see over it into the valley. I see times of refreshing and a peace begins to overtake me, Jesus said in John 16:33
33 These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world.

Praise the Lord! by now my mood has changed, I have encouraged myself through God's word. and I'm ready to stand firm one more day as I wait on Him to deliver me out of this trial.
Remember there is no place so dark no light can be found, you just have to look.

                     God bless you, Brother Darrell, A Watchman
PS: I may be still going through the trial, still basically home bound and bed ridden again after a season of improvement physicaly but the light of Jesus still lights my way, God bless


No comments: