Saturday, March 1, 2014

THE DEVIL WANTS ME DOWN: BUT MY SHIFT AIN'T OVER!!!


Praise the Lord everybody! He is truly worthy to be praised!! I pray everyone is enjoying God's blessing. This is Revival week at my church and I hear God is doing amazing things for His people. Unfortunately I am still laid up with a bad case of sciatica and have been missing all the fun. It has been almost two months since I was last in church. At times I feel myself getting a little frustrated and then the Enemy tries to come in and talk me down off the wall.

You see even though I am down physically spiritually speaking I am still up on the wall, on my watch, I am a Watchman. For those who don't know it most of your cities in biblical times were surrounded by high walls for protection and on those walls they had walkways. The watchman would walk those walls and keep watch over the city, inside and outside the walls, every hour or so he would announce what time it was, make pronouncements from the King and if all was well or not.

The wall I am on is not contained in a building because God and his people are not contained or constrained to a building. As I stand my watch, seeing things through God's eyes, (see Psalms 32:8) and speaking what He wants and writing what He gives me to write even as my own life is full of trials and tribulations the enemy of our souls is near by urging me to "come down from the wall, take a break and focus on yourself and your troubles."

The devil is always trying to make God's people "come down" to his level. In Nehemiah 6: 1-4 the enemy comes and tries to talk him down.1) Now it came to pass when Sanballat, and Tobiah, and Geshem the Arabian, and the rest of our enemies, heard that I had builded the wall, and that there was no breach left therein; (though at that time I had not set up the doors upon the gates;)

2 That Sanballat and Geshem sent unto me, saying, Come, let us meet together in some one of the villages in the plain of Ono. But they thought to do me mischief.
3 And I sent messengers unto them, saying, I am doing a great work, so that I cannot come down: why should the work cease, whilst I leave it, and come down to you?
4 Yet they sent unto me four times after this sort; and I answered them after the same manner. 

Nehemiah recognized the enemy and did not fall for his deception or the "okey doke" as we used to say back in the day. The enemy tried to talk Jesus down twice, once in Matthew 4:5-75 Then the devil taketh him up into the holy city, and setteth him on a pinnacle of the temple,

6 And saith unto him, If thou be the Son of God, cast thyself down: for it is written, He shall give his angels charge concerning thee: and in their hands they shall bear thee up, lest at any time thou dash thy foot against a stone.

7 Jesus said unto him, It is written again, Thou shalt not tempt the Lord thy God. 
Then again in Matthew 27: 39-42  39 And they that passed by reviled him, wagging their heads,
40 And saying, Thou that destroyest the temple, and buildest it in three days, save thyself. If thou be the Son of God, come down from the cross.
41 Likewise also the chief priests mocking him, with the scribes and elders, said,
42 He saved others; himself he cannot save. If he be the King of Israel, let him now come down from the cross, and we will believe him.

Like Nehemiah and Jesus I am not going to be talked down by the enemy! Jesus did not come down off that cross and I'm not coming down off this wall. Come what may I have been called up on this wall by God and the devil might want me down but I'm letting him know "I'm working for the Lord and my shift ain't over!" Through the storm and through the rain, through sickness and through pain I am going to serve Him till He calls me down to say "well done".

 The next time the Devil calls out to you "come on down the water is fine" remember there is no water in hell! Stay on the job till your shift is over!

           God bless you all, Brother Darrell, Speaking Off The Wall


No comments: