Tuesday, October 21, 2014

I ASKED FOR FORGIVENESS: I LIVE IN APPRECIATION


Praise the Lord everybody! For He alone is worthy to be praised, I pray everyone is enjoying God's blessing. I am feeling truly blessed today just to be alive. No matter what I'm going through God is good, period. I'm alive by His grace and He is alive in me, giving me what to say and write. I am His Watchman like it or not. God blessed me to get out to the doctor yesterday. The devil tried to get involved and I never got to see a Doctor but God allowed me to get my medication anyway, Praise God!

You know I remember when I first asked God to forgive me of my sins as one of the church Mothers led me through the sinners prayer and I broke down and cried for a week because I could feel Him forgiving me. He lightened my burden. I hadn't even come to church that day to get saved, my mission was to try and get some money from the helps ministry to pay bills after I had spent my pay check getting high. But God had another plan. God's word says in Romans 4: 6-8        6 Even as David also describeth the blessedness of the man, unto whom God imputeth righteousness without works,

7 Saying, Blessed are they whose iniquities are forgiven, and whose sins are covered.

8 Blessed is the man to whom the Lord will not impute sin.

Some times I have to remind myself of how blessed I am. When I first received Christ as my Lord and Savior I didn't know how to show my appreciation and all I could do was cry every time I thought about who I was and how I had been living and how God had forgiven me for all of that.

As I look back I realize I haven't always lived a life of appreciation towards God for all He has done for me. I was hard headed and disobedient at times and now I thank God that He chastens those that He loves. I have always been one who liked to call my own shots, do things my way, God had to break me of some bad habits. He had to strip me of the layers of iniquity that had attached themselves to me like barnacles to the hull of an old boat. Even as God began His painstaking restoration of my life I sometimes lost sight of what He was trying to do in my life and often times found myself kicking against the "pricks".(Acts 26:14)

I've learned over the years to let God have His way, His will not my will be done. Next I always try and show my appreciation for what He has done and what He is doing by trusting Him and living Holy, the way He would want me to live. No more spoiled little child who is given a gift, takes it and runs off to play without saying "thank you". and acknowledging the gift and the giver.      

Romans 1: 21 + 22 says      21 Because that, when they knew God, they glorified him not as God, neither were thankful; but became vain in their imaginations, and their foolish heart was darkened.

22 Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools,

I intend to acknowledge God in everything I do in appreciation for what He has done and is still doing for me. I was a fool before Christ came into my life and changed me and I refuse to become one now. Thank you God! and thank you Jesus!! All Glory Honor and Praise belong to you!!

              God Bless You All, Brother Darrell, Speaking Off The Wall 

No comments: