Thursday, October 30, 2014

"RIGOR MORTIS!!:ANOTHER REASON WHY I HATE SIN!"


Praise the Lord everybody! Because He alone is worthy to be praised!! I pray everyone is enjoying God's blessing. God is truly moving in my life right now. I've been blessed to get out to Church on a regular basis these last few months, The Hour of Power at First Church of Christ Holiness USA has truly been a blessing to me and my wife. God is doing something special on Wednesdays at First Church and we want to be a part of it Praise the Lord!

I've learned just like David did that sin can effect your health and wellness. Any man seeking after God's own heart will find out that sin especially hidden sin will result in inward pain and discomfort, a disconnected and disjointed feeling that comes when spiritual death is imminent. David says in Psalms 38: 1-10   O Lord, rebuke me not in thy wrath: neither chasten me in thy hot displeasure
2 For thine arrows stick fast in me, and thy hand presseth me sore.

3 There is no soundness in my flesh because of thine anger; neither is there any rest in my bones because of my sin.
4 For mine iniquities are gone over mine head: as an heavy burden they are too heavy for me.

5 My wounds stink and are corrupt because of my foolishness.
6 I am troubled; I am bowed down greatly; I go mourning all the day long.

7 For my loins are filled with a loathsome disease: and there is no soundness in my flesh.
8 I am feeble and sore broken: I have roared by reason of the disquietness of my heart.

9 Lord, all my desire is before thee; and my groaning is not hid from thee.
10 My heart panteth, my strength faileth me: as for the light of mine eyes, it also is gone from me.

For many years after I received Christ as my Lord and Savior I continued to struggle off and on with drugs and I understand how David felt, he was in agony. At times I felt overwhelmed by my sin and the "wounds" I obtained because of my sins stank and were "corrupt because of my foolishness" and I would go before the Lord and cry out to Him for relief and deliverance. I was a "dead man walking", spiritually dead in my trespass and sin.

When a man dies he goes through a transition stage called Rigor Mortis which comes from the Latin meaning "the stiffness of death" that's how I felt, like I was in the grasp of Rigor Mortis. During those years I felt just like David, bones out of joint, sore, broken and ravaged by my sins which were trying to overtake me. Once you know the goodness of God and you fall short of His mark it makes you feel physically sick along with spiritually and mentally ill.
Thanks be to God that there is relief, a balm in Gilead for rigor mortis and our sin sick souls David cried in verses !5- 22   15 For in thee, O Lord, do I hope: thou wilt hear, O Lord my God.

16 For I said, Hear me, lest otherwise they should rejoice over me: when my foot slippeth, they agnify themselves against me.
17 For I am ready to halt, and my sorrow is continually before me.

18 For I will declare mine iniquity; I will be sorry for my sin.

19 But mine enemies are lively, and they are strong: and they that hate me wrongfully are multiplied.
20 They also that render evil for good are mine adversaries; because I follow the thing that good is.
21 Forsake me not, O Lord: O my God, be not far from me.
22 Make haste to help me, O Lord my salvation.

 David in a moment of clarity realized it was time to "declare mine iniquity", confess his sin with Godly sorrow( verse18). When we do this the "stiffness of death", "Rigor Mortis" will be lifted, for Gods word says in 1st John 1:8- 10   8 If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us.
9 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.
10 If we say that we have not sinned, we make him a liar, and his word is not in us.

I am a witness, Don't hide or hold on to your sins or you may suffer and pass through "Rigor Mortis" on your way to death in your sin and tress pass, but if you hold on to your sin and hide it and you don't become "sin-sick" you better check yourself before you wreck yourself.

                      God bless you all, Brother Darrell, Speaking Off The Wall

  

No comments: