Tuesday, December 30, 2014

2015: THE SECOND HONEY MOON!!


Praise the Lord everybody and a HAPPY NEW YEAR to all!! I pray you all had a wonderfully blessed Christmas. As this year comes to an end and I take stock of what God has done in my life this past year I realize He invested a lot of time in preparing me for His work in these last and evil days.
Things did not necessarily go the way I thought they would and proclaimed they would at last years Watch Night service. God has done a great work in me internally, that I expect will now show up externally this year in my ministry.

Again as I thought about what God has done in my life over the past year I couldn't help but think about what I did for Him this past year, was it just the same old song and dance or was there something in my walk with Him that was new and refreshing and showed Him my growth? It is so easy for our acts of love and worship to turn into hollow acts of Religious ceremony. We go from going to church to worship God, hear from Him and bask in His presence to going to Church because that's what Christians do. The programs we put together with love care and affection start to become so over done and by the book that all we have to do is get a copy of last years program, white out the dates and put in the current year and there you have it, this years program.

God is tired of our "left overs". In Lamentation 3: 22+23 God's word says  22 It is of the Lord's mercies that we are not consumed, because his compassions fail not.

23 They are new every morning: great is thy faithfulness.

God's mercy, grace and compassion toward is are "new" every morning, fresh and new and so should our love and devotion to Him be fresh and new every morning. I want to renew my vows to Him. I want this to be our second Honey moon. I love the Lord and I want that love to shine all over my face like a blushing bride. I want to get Goose bumps again every time I hear His name.

first I have to stop taking God for granted and take a daily inventory of everything God has done for me past and present. Stay and delight myself in His word. Stay before Him in prayer and meditation.
I must remain spiritually alert so that I can hear what the spirit of the Lord has to say to me at all times and then I must be obedient. There is a special joy that comes with being obedient to God and in the center of His perfect will. That is the place I want to abide in 2015 and every year after till He comes.
Psalm 27: 3-5 states  3 Though an host should encamp against me, my heart shall not fear: though war should rise against me, in this will I be confident.

4 One thing have I desired of the Lord, that will I seek after; that I may dwell in the house of the Lord all the days of my life, to behold the beauty of the Lord, and to enquire in his temple.

5 For in the time of trouble he shall hide me in his pavilion: in the secret of his tabernacle shall he hide me; he shall set me up upon a rock.

       HAPPY NEW YEAR!!! and God Bless you all, Brother Darrell, Speaking Off The Wall

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good word Bro. It sounds like you are talking about the dwelling in the secret place of the most high.