Thursday, February 26, 2015

HALT AND CATCH FIRE!!


Praise the Lord everybody! Because He alone is worthy to be praised! I pray you are all enjoying God's blessing. The weather here in New York has kept me pretty much home bound this month so far. But my wife and I are looking forward to the coming Revival at our church, First Church Of Christ Holiness USA, from Feb. 25th through the 27th. I know God has something special planned for us. Feel free to come and worship with us at 1935 Madison Ave. between 124th and 125th streets in Harlem.

There was a T.V. show last year on cable called "Halt and Catch Fire" about the emergence of the personal computer, kind of nerdy but I enjoyed it. As I sat down to write this the title of that show kept flashing in my mind until I realized that is what God wanted ME to do. "Halt and Catch Fire", It is time for me to stop doing what I have always done and like Skittles says "catch the Rainbow" God is saying "it's time to catch that Holy Ghost Fire!" I need to burn like the "burning bush" of Moses so that others will see and want to know how they can "get some of that". Matthew 5:14-16 states  
 14 Ye are the light of the world. A city that is set on an hill cannot be hid.

15 Neither do men light a candle, and put it under a bushel, but on a candlestick; and it giveth light unto all that are in the house.

16 Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven.

There are two ways that I know of to create light. One is by electricity, by flipping a switch and the other is by starting a fire. Starting a fire requires some flammable material and a spark. I want the fire of the Holy Ghost to be the spark that sets ablaze all the dark, dry places in me that have accumulated over the years. I want it to burn out all the impurities that have dimmed my light. The word of God says in John 1:1-9    1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

2 The same was in the beginning with God.

3 All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.

4 In him was life; and the life was the light of men.

5 And the light shineth in darkness; and the darkness comprehended it not.

6 There was a man sent from God, whose name was John.

7 The same came for a witness, to bear witness of the Light, that all men through him might believe.
8 He was not that Light, but was sent to bear witness of that Light.

9 That was the true Light, which lighteth every man that cometh into the world.

Verse nine lets us know that God puts a little bit of His light in all of us when we come into this world, and it is our job to make it brighter and brighter or let it get snuffed out by the cares of this world. I am tired of my Bonn fire looking like a girl scout camp fire! I want there to be no doubt Who's I am and Whom I serve. There is a fire shut up in my bones that wants to come out and make me a Holy Ghost flame thrower. Not to hurt people but for them to see the light of Jesus shine through me brightly while burning away the fog and smoke of sin and the world.

                   God bless you All, Brother Darrell, Speaking Off The Wall










No comments: