Wednesday, March 18, 2015

SOME TIMES WITH GOD: MORE IS LESS!

praise the Lord everybody! because He alone is worthy to be praised! I pray every one of you is enjoying God's blessing. He blesses me every time I open my eyes in the morning and gives me one more day in the land of the living, and for that alone, He is worthy to be praised. Even though the weather and other circumstances such as my wife's surgery have kept me from attending church these last few months I thank God my wife's surgery went well and there was no cancer or nerve damage found. God is preparing us for something and I can't wait to see what it is He's going to do in our lives and our ministries.

Sometimes when you are pressing hard to be the man or woman of God you believe God wants you to be, as I do, sometimes and you find yourself missing and falling short of the mark, do you find yourself trying to make it up to God by promising to do even more things for Him like going out and handing out tracts or volunteering more of your time at the church's soup kitchen, or adding on two more fast days to your week, for extra credit on top of what God has already given you to do. Like when you were in College  So on top of the work God has ordained for you to do now you're adding your own stuff, your own burden when all God wants is for us to be obedient and do the job He has called us to do.

I find myself doing this all the time, trying to make amends for my own shortcomings, figuring if I add the burden of more good works God will overlook my shortcomings concerning the works He ordained for me to do. Now not only do I find myself carrying the load I was called to carry but now I have added a load I'm not even supposed to have. secondly, I have lied to myself saying I'm doing this to appease God when I'm really doing it to make myself feel better and more deserving of God's forgiveness, and all the time God is saying "I ain't mad at ya!" He knows your heart and He knows who is worshiping in spirit and in truth.

While all this is going on God is standing there shaking His head. In Matthew 11: 28-30 He says   28 Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.

29 Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls.

30 For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.

He has called all who are burdened down by sin not to add to their burdens but to get to know him and take up His yoke because it is easy to follow and His burden is light, the "light" of the world which we are all ordained to carry everywhere we go, even unto the ends of the earth. When we fall short we must not punish ourselves by adding burdens out of guilt but we must get up confess our sin and continue in the race. God will chastise whom He will chastise and He chastises those that He loves. Even His chastisement is perfect leading to His will for us being fulfilled. We make shipwreck of our faith when we try to choose what we think our discipline should be when God can see our beginning and our end and only He knows what is best for us.

So I've decided to focus on what God wants me to be focused on and stop trying to get extra credit. You can't brown nose God.

                God Bless You All, Brother Darrell, Speaking Off The Wall




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Amen only what you do for Christ will last.