Thursday, March 26, 2015

THE BLESSING POSITION!!


Praise the Lord everybody!! He is Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end, the Lion of the tribe of Judah, the Rose of Sharon and the Lily of the Valley, He is our Peace and the Author and the finisher of our Faith. He is our all and all and He is everything to me. I want to praise Him with my life, be a living testimony to His love, His grace, and His mercy. I wonder sometimes what God thinks of my efforts but even I must admit they are but "filthy rags" compared to what He has done for me. Still, I strive and press toward the "mark" that Paul talks about in Philippians 3:14, knowing I may never attain it but pressing just the same.

Over the years I along with many other Christian believers have come before our Father God asking for many things, some important, some not so much. Yet we always come expecting to get an answer in our favor, a blessing if you will and if we don't get the answer we want, the blessing we expected, we begin to question God. In 2nd Chronicles 7:12-14 God states     12 And the Lord appeared to Solomon by night and said unto him, I have heard thy prayer, and have chosen this place to myself for a house of sacrifice.

13 If I shut up heaven that there be no rain, or if I command the locusts to devour the land, or if I send pestilence among my people;

14 If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

God wants to not only hear our prayers but He also wants to do something about them but He has given us some guidelines we must follow in order for us to be in position to be heard. Most of us have the prayer part right. We can put some words together that are like honey for the ears but we fall short when it comes down to humbling ourselves before Him, repenting of our sins and diligently seeking God's face.

We can't keep running to God with our petitions like everything in our lives are alright, just great when in actuality there is sin in our camp. Go read about Achan in the 7th chapter of Joshua and see what happened to him when he had hidden sin in his camp. The Bible says the sin of disobedience is as the sin of witchcraft and this is the sin we most often overlook. God has given us an assignment and we for whatever reason do not carry it out, we don't even try sometimes and then we go before God to ask of Him without confessing or asking forgiveness for our disobedience.

We all know that God is more than worthy of all glory, honor, and praise, and the good news is He has already blessed us and He wants to continue to do so. So when you come before the Lord come correct and be in proper position to be blessed.

                     God Bless You All. Brother Darrell, Speaking Off The Wall



No comments: