Thursday, June 18, 2015

GETHSEMANE: PRAYING ON ANOTHER LEVEL!


Praise the Lord everybody!! because He alone is worthy to be praised!!"Jesus, Jesus how I've loved Him, How I've proved Him or' and or', Jesus Jesus precious Jesus, oh for Grace to trust Him more" I love the Lord, He's been good to me, better than I can be to myself. This morning I fell off my bed while half asleep, that may not sound so bad on the surface but when you are my size and your body is in the condition mine is in it can be a "call 911" catastrophe.

To make matters worse I hit my eye on something as I fell and it was only by God's grace I did not poke it out, but it is tender and bloodshot. Some how God gave me the strength to get off that floor without having to call the Fire department for help.
When I started writing this post over four days ago I had every intention of finishing it by the next day, obviously that did not happen. The fall did more damage than I thought and tomorrow I going to see an Eye Doctor. I would ask you all to keep me in prayer but by the time I post this it will be all over so I guess I better pray for myself and I'll write about what happens tomorrow, God BLESS.

God's not dead!! He's yet alive!! hallelujah!! No major damage to my eye! just couple of burst blood vessels from the trauma which should clear up in a couple of weeks. Now I just need God to fix this air conditioning situation, but that's another story.

This week I've learned the difference between praying and praying through. Jesus prayed through in the Garden of Gethsemane in Luke 22: 40=45  40 And when he was at the place, he said unto them, Pray that ye enter not into temptation.

41 And he was withdrawn from them about a stone's cast, and kneeled down, and prayed,

42 Saying, Father, if thou be willing, remove this cup from me: nevertheless not my will, but thine, be done.

43 And there appeared an angel unto him from heaven, strengthening him.

44 And being in an agony he prayed more earnestly: and his sweat was as it were great drops of blood falling down to the ground.

45 And when he rose up from prayer, and was come to his disciples, he found them sleeping for sorrow,

 like Jesus, as I travailed in prayer I reached a breaking point. A point where I truly did not care anymore about what I wanted but what God wanted. I was ready to leave here if that was His will. Once I reached this point I felt I was actually near death but He strengthened me as He did Jesus and I was able to continue on more earnestly, but now I was praying on another level, more humble, more broken with an even greater realization of who God is and what He expects of me. I was praying with a new freedom.

I always had wondered how it felt to pray so hard that you sweat blood after I had read about Jesus in Gethsemane, now I think I have a small idea. I also often wandered why did Jesus continue praying even more earnestly after His  "never the less, not my will but thine will be done" breakthrough. I believe that now that He had accepted His fate He began to pray not that God would remove the cup from Him but that God would make Him ready, willing and able to drink it. I began praying the same thing after God let me know it wasn't my time to come home yet. I knew another heat wave was coming and I began praying for God to bring me through.

Now every time I pray I don't go to Gethsemane but I know how to get there when I need to.
Don't think I don't appreciate everyone's prayers but some times you have to withdraw off to yourself and go to your Gethsemane.

                God Bless You All, Brother Darrell, Speaking Off The Wall



No comments: