Friday, August 28, 2015

OBEDIENCE: A KEY TO THE KINGDOM!


Praise the Lord everybody!! Lift up your heads oh ye gates!! Be ye lift up, ye everlasting doors; and the King of Glory shall come in!
I need you now more than ever Lord, come and quench this thirsting in my soul. As I am being purged of my impurities so that God can lift me up and use me in these last and evil days. No matter how much you think your living right, there is always something deep inside that God sees that He wants to expose and free you from, and if we let Him have his way in our lives He will purify us for His service.

Deuteronomy 24:1-7 states     And it shall come to pass, if thou shalt hearken diligently unto the voice of the Lord thy God, to observe and to do all his commandments which I command thee this day, that the Lord thy God will set thee on high above all nations of the earth:

2 And all these blessings shall come on thee, and overtake thee if thou shalt hearken unto the voice of the Lord thy God.

3 Blessed shalt thou be in the city, and blessed shalt thou be in the field.

4 Blessed shall be the fruit of thy body, and the fruit of thy ground, and the fruit of thy cattle, the increase of thy kine, and the flocks of thy sheep.

5 Blessed shall be thy basket and thy store.

6 Blessed shalt thou be when thou comest in, and blessed shalt thou be when thou goest out.

7 The Lord shall cause thine enemies that rise up against thee to be smitten before thy face: they shall come out against thee one way, and flee before thee seven ways.   

This scripture starts out saying if we would "hearken diligently" unto Gods voice and follow "all His commandments" that we will be blessed in all the ways written above. My desire is to be diligent in my quest to be fully obedient to God. This is no time for half measures, God is calling His soldiers up to the front lines and I am a soldier. An obedient soldier.

The more I search the scripture the more I realize how important holiness and obedience are to God, how important it is that His people separate themselves from the world. Paul said 2nd Corinthians 13:5  5 Examine yourselves to see whether you are in the faith; test yourselves. Do you not realize that Christ Jesus is in you—unless, of course, you fail the test?

The time has come for us to examine ourselves, those of us who call ourselves "Christians" and men and woman of God, I know I am. Jesus said in Matthew 7: 21    1 Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.

There it is again, the importance of being obedient to God's will. There will be many who think they are getting into Heaven who are going to be greatly disappointed. Jesus said in verses 22+23  22 Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?

23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.   

I do not want to be one of the disappointed, so I examine myself every day and I seek His voice and guidance in all I do and when He speaks I not only listen but I do my best to be obedient. I wish I could say I was always obedient but I'm trying and God is not through with me yet.
        God Bless You All, Brother Darrell, Speaking Off The Wall

No comments: