Thursday, October 22, 2015

"I CRIED HOLY!!"

P:raise the Lord everybody! Let everything that has breath praise the Lord!! He alone is worthy to be praised!! I love the Lord, I really do but sometimes I have a strange way of showing HIM how much I love Him.

I was thinking back again to how it was when I first "got saved."
How often I found myself weeping before God, overcome by His presence with a brokenness just at the mere thought of what He had done for me. It didn't matter where I was or who I was with, when I thought about how great I felt the day He lifted that burden of sin up off of me I would break down and cry. I mean weep great big tears, just imagine a six foot four inch grizzly bear sobbing like a baby.
Where has it all gone? I ask myself these days. When was the last time I wept before the Lord? When was the last time I lifted up Holy hands in praise in the sanctuary? Psalm 34:17- 19 states  17 The righteous cry, and the Lord heareth, and delivereth them out of all their troubles.

18 The Lord is nigh unto them that are of a broken heart; and saveth such as be of a contrite spirit.

19 Many are the afflictions of the righteous: but the Lord delivereth him out of them all.

I asked myself this, "why DO I find myself in constant trials and tribulation? Has my heart hardened? Have I become indifferent to the goodness of God? Have I forgotten from whence cometh my help?" I think not! My help comes from the Lord! I know my redeemer lives!! But what I have done is to allow the T.V. media to dominate my time. These days as I struggle to re ignite the fires and return to my former place in Him, I do so in faith knowing that He never left me nor forsook me and has been with me throughout my trials.

The other night I listened to one of my favorite, put you in the presence of God, songs. It is the Brooklyn Tabernacle Choir's "Cry Holy" with Micheal English. For years I would listen to That very anointed track and it would usher me into God's presence. I would lift up Holy hands, close my eyes and bask in His light, at times weeping and singing His praises.

2nd Chronicles 5:13+14  states     13 It came even to pass, as the trumpeters and singers were as one, to make one sound to be heard in praising and thanking the Lord; and when they lifted up their voice with the trumpets and cymbals and instruments of musick, and praised the Lord, saying, For he is good; for his mercy endureth for ever: that then the house was filled with a cloud, even the house of the Lord;

14 So that the priests could not stand to minister by reason of the cloud: for the glory of the Lord had filled the house of God.     

The other night for the first time in years, the glory of the Lord filled me and the house, "hallelujah!!" I shouted as I cried "Holy, my God is Holy" along with Micheal English and Brooklyn Tab. Choir. God is restoring me, reshaping and reestablishing me. I will sing God's praise because He has done such a marvelous thing, and with music or without music I will spend quality time before Him and bask in His presence in the beauty of holiness.

So now instead of binge watching T.V. and movies on Netflix and Amazon Prime before I go to bed at night, I get my praise on and enjoy a peaceful nights sleep. If I open my eyes in the middle of the night I say "speak Lord" and I lay quietly listening for His voice and in the morning before I even speak to my wife I spend time praying and thanking Him. God has brought me a mighty long way, again.

        God Bless You All, Brother Darrell, Speaking Off The Wall
        




No comments: