Friday, November 27, 2015

HEAR NO EVIL!!

Praise the Lord everybody for He alone is worthy to be praised!! God is a wonder to my soul, He never ceases to amaze me. The key is obedience. God has proven to me over and over again that He knows what's best for me, in all things.  Every time I try to figure out my own way things get tangled up but when God whispers in my ear "do this son" even when it makes no sense, when I am obedient I get blessed.

I'm about to get blessed again because God has put it on my heart to write this third segment of a series called "Hear No Evil." Some of you might ask "where is that in the word of God?" and I would say "?it's in there." In Timothy 4:2-4 God's word states  2 Preach the word; be instant in season, out of season; reprove, rebuke, exhort with all long suffering and doctrine.

3 For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears;

4 And they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables.

Paul also states in Galatians 1:6-9   6 I marvel that ye are so soon removed from him that called you into the grace of Christ unto another gospel:

7 Which is not another; but there be some that trouble you, and would pervert the gospel of Christ.

8 But though we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel unto you than that which we have preached unto you, let him be accursed.

9 As we said before, so say I now again, if any man preach any other gospel unto you than that ye have received, let him be accursed.

We have to avoid false prophets and evil doctrine because they are sent by the enemy to lure us away from the truth and from the author of that truth, Jesus Christ. My mother who was raised a Christian and still claims Christ as her Lord and savior has this habit of opening her door for every religious group that knocks on her door and she accepts and then reads their paraphernalia. She does not use the opportunity to evangelize them rather they evangelize her. Now my mother is so confused in her doctrine that she has incorporated something from each one into her beliefs on serving God.

This is why it states in 2nd John verses 10 and 11    10 If there come any unto you, and bring not this doctrine, receive him not into your house, neither bid him God speed:

11 For he that biddeth him God speed is partaker of his evil deeds.  

So when that nice old Jehovah's Witness couple comes to your door either preach the gospel to them or bid them to move on from your door. I know the truth, God has revealed it to me and I don't need to listen to or study any other so called "truths." Our Jobs as Christians are to evangelize not be evangelized, bring light to darkness and not be overtaken by the darkness.

        God Bless You All, Brother Darrell, Speaking Off The Wall

         please check out my new face Book page: Brother Darrell Speaking Off The Wall

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Amen brother Darrell thank you for this word because now I know what to say to people in my family who are soliciting another gospel to our people. Stay encouraged and keep writing. Love you and God bless.