Thursday, November 5, 2015

SEE NO EVIL!!

Praise the Lord everybody!! Praise Him in the morning! praise Him in the evening!! praise Him when the sun goes down!! because He alone is worthy to be praised! something good is about to happen, something wonderful is in store, I feel it in my bones. God is about to do something special. Bless His holy name!!

Since we stopped watching certain T.V. shows and started spending more quality time in God's presence we have been blessed with more restful sleep. less stress and more joy and less pain. We have a new anointing!!

The word states in 1st John 2:15-17    15 Love not the world, neither the things that are in the world. If any man loves the world, the love of the Father is not in him.

16 For all that is in the world, the lust of the flesh, and the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life is not of the Father but is of the world.

17 And the world passeth away, and the lust thereof: but he that doeth the will of God abideth for ever.

I had to get real with myself so that I could get real with God. I was caught up in the lust of the eyes which is what the media counts on, they call it the "cliffhanger" or "the hook" their goal is to get the world hooked on their "product." The world says "sex sells" weather it is homo sex, hetero sex, metro sex or extramarital sex. The world also loves the anti-hero, the reprobate, like Walter White from Breaking Bad, Tony Soprano from the Sopranos, both "likable" criminal killers. there's Olivia Pope from Scandal, Cookie and Luscious Lyons from Empire and Annalise Keating from How To Getaway With Murder, all dysfunctional people who have no problem lying, robbing or killing to get their way just to name a few.

These are the people the world wants us to idolize.  These are the shows and characters we can't wait to watch and talk about week after week. Not to mention the onslaught of Homosexual couples that are now featured on just about every show. It's time we open our spiritual eyes and see what the enemy is trying to do.  How do we protect our eye gate? Where do we turn for entertainment? I remember to whom I used to turn,  who held my attention just like an episode of Law And Order SVU does today. Jesus Christ.

I am not the Man of God I could be, or even used to be because my eyes have wondered from the prize and now I have to repair the damage that has been done through my "eye gate" over the years. Job said in Job 31:1   I made a covenant with mine eyes; why then should I think upon a maid?

I am making a new covenant with my eyes, not to watch the unclean thing or shows with no redeeming value at all. In this multi media age it's not easy to consecrate your eyes but with God's help, I'm going to try. If I follow His instructions how can I fail?

           God Bless You All, Brother Darrell, Speaking Off The Wall







1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is really enlightening because so many Christians are caught up in the wiles of the devil and they don't even realize it. Keep writing brother Darrell because this is a eye opener.

God bless
Sis Ruth Darden