Monday, January 11, 2016

FAITH HAS A FAMILY!: WHO KNEW?!!


Praise the Lord everybody!! and HAPPY NEW YEAR TO YOU ALL!! Like I said in my last post I am looking forward to the coming year, I want more Jesus, 24/7.

I want to share something different with you all to start the year off.
This is a short story about a fictional young boy who is the lead character in a children's book I'm working on, I hope you enjoy it and feel free to leave comments here or on my new face book page, Brother Darrell "speaking OFF the WALL"      


                      FAITH HAD A FAMILY: WHO KNEW?

I remember the first time my mom took me to church. I was about six years old and I was completely fascinated by all the people, the sounds and the colors. People were shouting and singing and then a man in a bright colored robe got up and started shouting at us, for a long time and then went around knocking people out. I remember asking my mom “why is that man in the bath robe knocking people out?” she said “boy, Pastor Richie is not knocking anybody out, it’s God knocking them out in the Spirit.” I thought to myself that can’t be, God is strong and powerful He’d probably kill somebody! Then I looked at the people lying on the floor to see if they were moving. Some had smiles on their face and some were shaking and saying “thank you Jesus!”

Another thing I noticed is that everybody went around calling each other brother and sister so and so and there was a lot of hugging and handshaking going on. I asked “mom! Are we related to all these people?” She said “boy if you don’t hush your mouth while we’re in church, Yes! Yes we are related, we are children of the most high God, we are the family of faith” After that she gave me one of those looks that said “don’t bother me again if you want to live.”

 I just sat there marveling at the number of sisters and brothers I had that I never knew about. From that day forward I looked forward to going to church and hanging out with my new family. They taught me how to sing and praise the Lord. Family members from other churches came and visited us and sometimes we visited them. We had a lot of fun.

 Then one day the man in the robe, the one my mom called “pasta Richie” put some “grease” on my forehead and then hit me so hard up side my head I almost fell over backwards. I said “mom! that ain't no spirit! I knew he was knocking people out!”

 Church was becoming my second home, but one thing still bothered me so I asked my mom, “Mom we’ve been coming hear for about a year, when am I gonna meet Faith?” Mom just looked at me and laughed and said “when you get older you’ll see that faith has been here all along, now hush your mouth.” I just scratched my head.

I hope you all enjoyed this story, I will be sprinkling them in throughout the year, again feel free to leave comments here or on my Face Book page,  Brother Darrell "speaking OFF the wall",

           God bless you all, Brother Darrell, Speaking Off The Wall


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good story brother Darrell very funny it made me reflect on my childhood days.
I'm looking forward to reading more.