Tuesday, July 26, 2016

DYING, AND LOOKING GOOD DOING IT!!

Praise the Lord everybody!! Let everything that has breath praise His holy name!! I will bless the Lord at all times, His praises shall be continually in my mouth. I am in the middle of a fiery trial right now but I am going to praise God anyhow!! I know from whence cometh my help, my help cometh from the Lord!!

I am late with blog post because of technical problems with my computer, I need a new one but God allowed me to get this one repaired. Now my air conditioner, which is only a year old is blowing hot air in the middle of a historic heat wave. I do not do well in heat!! but I trust that God will bring me through this. God cannot and will not fail me in my time of need. Hallelujah!!

More and more I have learned to die to self. The flesh and self, go hand in hand. My flesh, my selfish desires are what always get me in trouble. When I was using drugs it was one of the most selfish times of my life, I wanted what I wanted when I wanted it and nothing and nobody else mattered. When I finally realized that God was more important to me than drugs, that's when I was able to quit. Paul said "...I die daily" in 1st Corinthians 15:31, something I am still learning to do on a daily basis. Paul also stated in Romans 8: 12-14
 12 Therefore, brothers and sisters, we have an obligation—but it is not to the flesh, to live according to it. 13 For if you live according to the flesh, you will die; but if by the Spirit you put to death the misdeeds of the body, you will live.

14 For those who are led by the Spirit of God are the children of God.
Every day I fight a life and death battle with myself in hopes that I die, to myself. I have to completely die so that Jesus can completely live through me, and so I can have a closer relationship with God.When Jesus tells us we must "take up your cross and follow me" He is reminding us that we must die in the flesh daily, the cross being a reminder of how He suffered and how we must also suffer in the flesh.

The bible says "no flesh shall enter into the Kingdom of Heaven" so now my goal is to kill my "self" and let the beauty of Christ shine through me. I no longer want to be stained by the ugliness of sin, I want to be marked by the beauty of holiness. Living holy sounds "pretty" but it is not for the faint at heart but compared to the ugliness of sin, Death looks good on me.

            God bless you all, Brother Darrell, Speaking Off The Wall






No comments: