Monday, September 18, 2017

HUNGER GAMES!


Praise the Lord everybody! Let everything that has breath praise His holy name!! God has been so good to me, His grace and His mercy towards me is never-ending. I ask myself have I been as attentive to Him as He has been to me? Truthfully I must say I find myself lacking. I have slacked off in my pursuit of Him.
God has been dealing with me concerning this issue. I remember How it was when I first got saved, how I carried my Bible everywhere and every chance I got I would open it and read God's word. Gods word was like finding water while wandering in the desert, and like food to a starving man. After reading it from cover to cover I would just start all over again and each time I read it was just as enlightening as the first time, and just as thought-provoking. His word was and is alive and we had a love affair with each other. Now we are like an old married couple, comforted by each others presence but the passion is fading.

David wrote in Psalms 42:1(NIV) As the deer pants for streams of water, so my soul pants for you, my God.

Jesus said in Matthew 5:6 6 Blessed are they which do hunger and thirst after righteousness: for they shall be filled.

I asked myself where is my "panting, my hunger and thirst?" I had to admit that I had over time began to fill my hunger and quench that thirst with other things, things of the world. It started when I finally decided to buy a T.V. after over four years of just me my Bible and Christian radio. Slowly my hunger for the things of God has had to compete with my hunger for a good movie and a plethora of television shows.
I often long for those simpler days of just me and God and His Word, but I fear what with social media and all the exciting media distractions these days, can I ever really go back to those days. I do find that as I get older, it is easier to let go of those things that I used to think were so important to me.  And like that old married couple, I mentioned earlier when we do take a moment to really look at each other we realize the Passion is still there and there are still things we don't know about each other, all we have to do is take a moment and look. 

The fire of God and His word never goes out and the hunger for Him and His righteousness never dies. Psalms 63:1 states   O God, thou art my God; early will I seek thee: my soul thirsteth for thee, my flesh longeth for thee in a dry and thirsty land, where no water is;

David had a heart after God, and that's what I have always desired, I love the Lord and I'm growing tired of distractions coming between us. In these last and evil days, we can not afford to be caught watching television when He comes for His Church.

Hebrews 12:1 states,  Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles. And let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us, 

I am asking God to help me throw off those hindrances that I so unwittingly put upon myself. First off I think I'll buy a radio.

 God Bless You All, Brother Darrell, Speaking Off The Wall



No comments: