Monday, October 2, 2017

GOD KNOWS WHO I AM

Praise the Lord everybody! Let everything that has breath Praise His holy name! God is taking me through something right now, something painful but at the same time, it's a good thing for me in the long run. In this walk with Christ, I have learned that some learning experiences will come with pain attached.

Sometimes God will assign us a task that we think is above our "pay grade," in other words we have a Moses moment, as he had when he spoke to God in Exodus 3:9-11
9 Now, therefore, behold, the cry of the children of Israel is come unto me: and I have also seen the oppression wherewith the Egyptians oppress them.
10 Come now, therefore, and I will send thee unto Pharaoh, that thou mayest bring forth my people the children of Israel out of Egypt.
11 And Moses said unto God, Who am I, that I should go unto Pharaoh, and that I should bring forth the children of Israel out of Egypt?

Like Moses, we feel not only unworthy but also ill-equipped for such a task. We not only begin to question our hearing but we may begin to also question God's judgment. The enemy seizes the moment and starts to plant the seeds of fear and doubt. Just as God told Moses not to worry and that He would surely be with him, God wants us to know the same thing. God  tells us in His word Jeremiah 29:11(NIV) 11 For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future

God wants us to have the spirit of David when He gives us these seemingly insurmountable tasks, David when facing Goliath ran to his task in 1st Samuel 17:45-47(NIV)  45 David said to the Philistine, “You come against me with sword and spear and javelin, but I come against you in the name of the Lord Almighty, the God of the armies of Israel, whom you have defied. 46 This day the Lord will deliver you into my hands, and I’ll strike you down and cut off your head. This very day I will give the carcasses of the Philistine army to the birds and the wild animals, and the whole world will know that there is a God in Israel. 47 All those gathered here will know that it is not by sword or spear that the Lord saves; for the battle is the Lord’s, and he will give all of you into our hands.”

God wants us to trust Him as David did when we face our Goliaths, with faith knowing that God has our back, knowing that He would not send us on a mission to fail. He tells us in His word Philippians 4:13 13 I can do all things through Christ[a] who strengthens me. He tells us that we are "more than conquerors" in Romans 8:37. God wants us to stop asking Him "who am I" and turn it around and declare "who I am" in Him, by standing up in faith and walking in our calling, God wants us to trust in our gifts, He knows what He has invested in each of us and He wants us to put them on display, not for our glory. but for His glory. God wants us to go from "WHO AM I" TO  "I AM". To quote Joel Osteen "I am who God says I am!!" I will leave you with this,
2 Corinthians 2:14 (KJV)

14 Now thanks be unto God, which always causeth us to triumph in Christ, and maketh manifest the savour of his knowledge by us in every place.

  God Bless You All, Brother Darrell, Speaking Off The Wall




No comments: