Tuesday, May 1, 2018

THE CONSECRATION OF BROTHER DARRELL

Praise the Lord everybody. Let everything that has breath, praise His holy name!! God is great, and greatly to be praised! I will bless the Lord at all times and His praises shall be continually in my mouth.

This has truly been a time of reflection and introspection for me. God has been dealing with me about a lot of things lately and I've had to make some painful admissions. One of those admissions is the fact that I have begun to slip recently when it comes down to our special time together.

For years, every Tuesday and Friday I have been fellowshipping with God, which I have been calling "consecrating," but God has been dealing with me about my so-called "consecration." To me, fasting means just turning your plate down and mortifying your flesh as unto the Lord, but you continue to do your normal daily routine.
In my opinion, consecrating meant more, It meant not only mortifying the flesh by observing some sort of fast but also ceasing all your other activities of daily living and spending quality time in the presence of the Lord. The dictionary says the act of consecrating is; dedication to the service and worship of a deity. I was dedicating that day to the service and worship of God, but now I find myself doing more "fasting" and less "consecrating". I find myself more and more carrying on my usual everyday routine and spending less and less time in prayer, meditation, and worship.

God began to Bring back to me the words and life of Jesus who said in Luke 9:23+24  23 And he said to them all, If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross daily, and follow me.
24 For whosoever will save his life shall lose it: but whosoever will lose his life for my sake, the same shall save it.

Jesus was telling His disciples and us today that to be His followers we have to commit our lives to Him daily, daily forsaking our old lives and living every day in consecrated service to God. In truth, we can not pick and choose which days we will be consecrated and which days we will not. God was letting me know that the things I do when I call myself "consecrating," I should be doing every day. Does that mean we have to be walking around all day looking stern, trying to convey a pious attitude, no, The Bible tells us in 1st Peter 1: 7,8,9  7 That the trial of your faith, being much more precious than of gold that perisheth, though it be tried with fire, might be found unto praise and honor and glory at the appearing of Jesus Christ:
8 Whom having not seen, ye love; in whom, though now ye see him not, yet believing, ye rejoice with joy unspeakable and full of glory:
9 Receiving the end of your faith, even the salvation of your souls.

Yes, the joy of the Lord is our strength. But our joy should be in Him always, we need to stop trying to replace it with worldly joy when we feel the world is having what seems like more fun.       jesus was living a consecrated life every day. Jesus tells us in John 4:34 34 Jesus saith unto them, My meat is to do the will of him that sent me, and to finish his work. Jesus said this to His disciples after they saw that He appeared tired and hungry, and they had been emploring Him to eat. I'm sure Jesus was tired and hungry, but I'm also sure that even in that, Jesus found joy and contentment. Paul states in Philippians 4:11-13(NIV)  11 I am not saying this because I am in need, for I have learned to be content whatever the circumstances. 12 I know what it is to be in need, and I know what it is to have plenty. I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want. 13 I can do all this through him who gives me strength.  

Part of our daily consecration should be that as soon as we open our eyes in the morning we should give thanks and determine to do God's will that day, that should be our sustaining force throughout the day, fasting or not. I am determined to daily live my life "consecrated," in service and in the worship of my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. PLEASE KEEP ME IN PRAYER.

God Bless You All, Brother Darrell, Speaking Off The Wall






1 comment:

Unknown said...

Amen Brother Darrell. What a powerful word. We need to stay consecrated before Our master Jesus Christ or if we are not careful we might find our self yielding to the wrong voice that beckons us.