Tuesday, June 19, 2018

SALVATION: WHAT'S IN YOUR WALLET?!!


Praise the Lord everybody!! Let everything that has breath praise His Holy name! The Lord is surely moving me into a different place in Him. In these last and evil days, and I am letting Him have His way, gladly, since He knows whats best for me. I am truly looking forward to where He takes me.

The Bible tells us in Job that Job gave sacrifices for his children just in case they forgot or were negligent.I often wondered what kind of believer they were, did they sit around thinking they were okay because their father had them covered, or were they working out there own salvation with fear and trembling.



Genesis 15:6      Abram believed the Lord, and He credited it to him as
righteousness.

 Whenever I'm out witnessing for Christ I've noticed there are a lot of would be Christians out there with other peoples credit cards. I don't want to say they're stolen because they may have picked them up by mistake or maybe they thought it was okay to use them.
It all starts when I ask them this one question, "Are you a Christian?" They immediately replied "yes I am" and then they go on to tell me about how their mother has been a member of Mount so and so's for twenty-five years and is head of the usher board, volunteers twice a week to give out food at the food pantry. Or they tell you how their father has been a deacon at the same church for thirty years etc but when I ask them about themselves they start making excuses about why they themselves do not go to church nor do they feel the need to set aside a day to fellowship and to worship the Lord.

 They are under the mistaken impression that their parents or spouses relationship with God is automatically accredited to them also. Then I have to pull out the word and give them the bad news. First I read Genesis 15:6  "Abram believed the Lord, and He credited it to HIM as righteousness."
Not his son, not his wife, not his daughter or anybody else. Then I tell them about Philippians 2:12 12 Wherefore, my beloved, as ye have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence, work out your own salvation with fear and trembling.
We must work out our own salvation with fear and trembling, then read to them Romans 10:9+10 9 That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved. 10 For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness, and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.

They have to make their own confession of faith with their own mouths and their own lips. Thank God for your mothers and fathers and spouses salvation, but you can't get into heaven using their credit cards. Most were surprised to find out that their salvation wasn't covered by birthright and allowed me to pray with them and start them on their way.
Check your pockets and see whats in your wallet.

God bless you all, Brother Darrell, Speaking Off The Wall

                                                                        

                                                                     
                                                                        

                                                                     
                                                                                                                             

No comments: