Thursday, October 20, 2011

Yes I Can!

Praise the Lord! I pray everyone has been blessed by God. As I said in an earlier post I have been in moderate to severe pain everyday for the last nine months until about three weeks ago. It got to the point that I would have to pray for God to give me strength just to get up out of my chair. I would often ask God to decrease the pain just enough so that I could tolerate the procedure as I also quoted the scripture Philippians 4:13 " I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me."
 Then I would struggle to get up on my feet. Every time I needed or wanted to do something I prayed that prayer believing that God would do just what his word said it would do.

Since then God has touched my body and lessened my pain, it is time now for me to become more active, to venture out into the world again, Go to church again things like that. It seems so simple just get up and get dressed and go. Sure there will be some discomfort involved but compared to the past year it is very manageable, my leg strength may be down a little of course but that's it. Yet I find myself dreading going out. As much as in my heart I want to go to church and be with my church family a few times when the time came for me to go a feeling of apprehention came over me, a type of anxiety attack. The joy I felt when I first made the decision to go quickly faded as the time to go got closer and closer.
Their was no prayer or telling myself "I can do all things through Christ..." Today I asked myself why? Why don't I press through and go out the same way I pressed to get up out of my chair? I asked myself if He helped me then why wouldn't he help me now? He never changes.I trusted him to get up out of my seat I trusted him to get up off the floor when I fell and had no one to help me. Why don't I trust him to get me where I'm going and get me back? I used to. I heard God say "when you take the first step and get on the bus haven't I always kept you and made sure you completed what you set out to do and brought you back safe?" I had to say yes, I had to agree, God has been faithfull even when I was not. He is more than able to keep me from falling, in all ways.

Saturday is the going home service for Deacon Broxton and I'm looking forward to being there to see him off and I'm looking forward to taking another step toward a more active life in Christ. Please pray for me as I pray for you.
                                             Brother Darrell, A watchman                                             

No comments: