Saturday, January 21, 2012

A Matter Of Trust


Praise the Lord! I pray everyone is enjoying the many blessings of God. It has been a very trying last few days for me, the people in the apartment above me had some kind of plumbing mishap causing me to wake up at 4am the other night and find out it was raining inside my house! I was truly hurt because every night before I go to sleep I pray and ask God to protect this place that He has blessed me with. I specifically ask for protection from things such as fires, break In's and Floods! and here I was in an apartment flooded with water. I felt let down by God at first, how could He let this happen? Did He not hear my prayer?

I then began to think of all the times I had let God down, all the tasks I was supposed to perform for Him and had not carried out. How many times I had fallen short of the mark. Then I spoke to my wife and she said "why do you say that God didn't hear your prayer? maybe It could have been worse." I later found out it could have been worse. God allowed this to happen for a reason and He knows why.
As it turned out it was not as bad as it first looked. I thank God for that and I will continue to pray for His protection every night before I go to bed.

Why is it that when things don't go our way or the way we believe they should go the first thing we do is question God? "What's going on God?" We say as if we know what should have been done.
Isaiah 55:8-10  states:  
8For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the LORD.
9For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts.
10For as the rain cometh down, and the snow from heaven, and returneth not thither, but watereth the earth, and maketh it bring forth and bud, that it may give seed to the sower, and bread to the eater:
Our carnal minds cannot begin to understand the ways of God. How can we understand the thought process that figured out a way to make rain and snow fall from the heavens and that rain waters the ground that brings forth plants and seeds and food for his creation. How can we out think the one who created our minds, can a computer out think a man? Can it understand the moods and emotions of the one who made it? I think not. God's word states in Jeremiah 29:11  
11For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the LORD, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected endThe N.IV. Says "I know the plans I have for you" God's thoughts, His plans for us supersede any feeble plan we may come up with. God has an "expected end" end for us, not a possible end or a hoped for end. He has set the course of our lives, He knows how it begins and how it ends. It is hard for man to trust what he does not see or understand. The free will that God gave us, the ability to reason works against the very one who gave it to us. We trust only in things that we can see and touch, things that we can accomplish ourselves in the natural. When we get a memo saying we are being laid off from work the first thing to flash through our minds is how am I going to make it now and then we say "Why me God? I paid my tithes and I pray everyday." We start going over our finances in our heads as we make up various budget scenarios.

When you are truly submitted and truly believe that God is God and is committed to meeting the needs of his people nothing can shake you. When you know His word and the promises He has made the only thing left to do is stand on those promises. His word states in Numbers 23:19
19God is not a man, that he should lie; neither the son of man, that he should repent: hath he said, and shall he not do it? or hath he spoken, and shall he not make it good?
 Imagine the peace of mind that comes from being a fully sold out believer, steadfast and unmovable in your faith in God and his word. We must study His word so that we can stand on scriptures such as Romans 8:28    
28And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose.
My goal and every believers goal should be to learn to rest totally in Christ and let the peace that passes all understanding wash over us because we know that God has everything under controll.

               God bless you all, Brother Darrell. A Watchman


No comments: