Thursday, August 2, 2012

LOVE FOR GOD VS LEGALISM

Praise the Lord everybody! I pray everybody is enjoying God's blessing. I am truly going through the gamut of emotions this past week. My wife looks like she'll be back home for good by the end of August, God willing, that is great news. We still need God to do His part and bless us with the finances we need to get this done. We believe God. We have believed Him and will continue to believe Him because we know He is able.

The plagues of pestilence seem to have finally passed as God prepares me for my next "Growth experience." You see God never leaves you short, He supplies all our needs so that the Man and Woman of God have everything they need to accomplish the task He has set before us. 2nd Timothy 3: 16+17 states(NIV)
16 All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness, 17 so that the servant of God[a] may be thoroughly equipped for every good work. 

We must study Gods word so that we have something to stand on and hold on to when the trials and tribulations come our way. It has been Gods word that has kept me throughout these turbulent times, knowing that "19 God is not a man, that he should lie; neither the son of man, that he should repent: hath he said, and shall he not do it? or hath he spoken, and shall he not make it good?"(Numbers 23:19)

I pray Gods word! I try and live Gods word and make it a part of who I am every day. Does this make me "Legalistic?" To a certain extant I guess I am. People have called me "Legalistic" because of my love for Gods word and how serious I take His commandments.  Jesus said in John 14:21  
21 He that hath my commandments, and keepeth them, he it is that loveth me: and he that loveth me shall be loved of my Father, and I will love him, and will manifest myself to him.

I love the Lord! and I want Him to love me and manifest Himself to me. I not only want Him to manifest Himself to me but through me to the world. I am not interested in religion or religious ceremony, but I am interested in a "relationship" with God. It's That relationship that leads me to live Holy, to keep his commands and strive to have the "Mind of Christ" manifest in my life.

Legalism can also be all the things mentioned above but administered without love. The absence of love in any ministry leads to legalism and empty religious ceremonies and rituals. There are churches across America where dead dry religious ceremonies take place every Sunday, poisoned by jealousy, gossip and back biting. Paul wrote in 1st Corinthians 13:1-3  
13 Though I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, and have not charity, I am become as sounding brass, or a tinkling cymbal.
2 And though I have the gift of prophecy, and understand all mysteries, and all knowledge; and though I have all faith, so that I could remove mountains, and have not charity, I am nothing.
3 And though I bestow all my goods to feed the poor, and though I give my body to be burned, and have not charity, it profiteth me nothing.

The life I live in Christ I live because I love Him and yield my life to Him. That same love must be evident in all my relationships with his people and even his creation.
                                 GOD BLESS YOU ALL, BROTHER DARRELL, A WATCHMAN



No comments: