Monday, October 8, 2012

BE SURE OF YOUR CALLING AND IT'S COST!

Praise the Lord everybody! For He is worthy to be praised! I pray everyone is enjoying Gods blessing. I count myself as blessed just to be alive and be married to a wonderful woman of God. Then on top of that despite my infirmities He gave me something to  do, God gave me this ministry which led to ministry on a national prayer line. Now here I am at another fork in the road, My wife and I have another big decision to make and we want to be in Gods perfect will for our lives. Where do we go from here? We're waiting on God for healing that can free us up to better serve God and each other.

Have you ever believed that you have heard from God and you do whatever it is that you believe He told you to do and after holding on for years waiting on his promises to start to manifest you start to think to yourself,"maybe I missed the call." I can imagine that this is how John the baptist must have felt after years of paving the way for the coming Christ and then winding up in prison alone.
          Matthew 11:1- 5  states


11 And it came to pass, when Jesus had made an end of commanding his twelve disciples, he departed thence to teach and to preach in their cities.
2 Now when John had heard in the prison the works of Christ, he sent two of his disciples,
3 And said unto him, Art thou he that should come, or do we look for another? 
4 Jesus answered and said unto them, Go and shew John again those things which ye do hear and see:
5 The blind receive their sight, and the lame walk, the lepers are cleansed, and the deaf hear, the dead are raised up, and the poor have the gospel preached to them.

Many of us have spent many years preparing the way for God to bless us, bless us with healing bless us with finances and bless us with ministries. We stood like one crying in the wilderness shouting "my healing is coming!" "my blessing is coming!" or "my time is coming!" Then one day  it comes just like it did for John the day he recognized the Christ and said in John 1:29
29 The next day John seeth Jesus coming unto him, and saith, Behold the Lamb of God, which taketh away the sin of the world.

He would later baptize Jesus, his job was finished, He was a forerunner to the start of Jesus ministry, the time had come that he had to decrease so that Jesus could increase, he said it himself. Now we just like John have reached that place of healing, blessing or ministry but things did not work out like you thought they would and like John you end up in some kind of "prison" not really sure of what happened.

Jesus said in Matthew 11: 4 4 Jesus answered and said unto them, Go and shew John again those things which ye do hear and see:
Sometimes we have to take a second look at what God said and what He is doing in our lives to figure out that He has already visited us and our situation. Sometimes we have to look back and see that God has already moved on your situation, you've already fulfilled your ministry like John the baptist had. Jesus was increasing while John was decreasing, the lame and blind were being healed and the dead were raised up, John needed to be reminded of his purpose. As I go through the various trials and tribulations I go through I have to remember my calling and recount the cost of that ministry on my life. Jesus talks about counting the cost in Luke 14:26-28
26 If any man come to me, and hate not his father, and mother, and wife, and children, and brethren, and sisters, yea, and his own life also, he cannot be my disciple.
27 And whosoever doth not bear his cross, and come after me, cannot be my disciple.
28 For which of you, intending to build a tower, sitteth not down first, and counteth the cost, whether he have sufficient to finish it?


God keep me focused on you and your calling on my life each and every day so I wont be confused by unexpected happenings in this world, in Jesus name Amen.
                                  
                                                     God bless you all, Brother Darrell, A Watchman



  

No comments: