Wednesday, December 19, 2012

TAKE IT TO THE STREETS, IT'S HARVEST TIME!!!


Praise the Lord everybody! for He is worthy to be praised! I pray everyone is enjoying Gods blessing as I and my wife are. We thank Him for what He is doing in our lives. It is a beautiful thing to be used by God and to totally trust Him in every aspect of your life. Here we are in these very exciting times, waiting on Him in these last days.

We believers have a mandate, Go out into the highways and byways and make disciples, the great commission we talked about in my last blog,"we are ground zero!". Luke 14: 16- 20 states
16 Then said he unto him, A certain man made a great supper, and bade many:
17 And sent his servant at supper time to say to them that were bidden, Come; for all things are now ready.
18 And they all with one consent began to make excuse. The first said unto him, I have bought a piece of ground, and I must needs go and see it: I pray thee have me excused.
19 And another said, I have bought five yoke of oxen, and I go to prove them: I pray thee have me excused.
20 And another said, I have married a wife, and therefore I cannot come.

Jesus came at His fathers bidding to spread the good news of salvation and to be an example to us and after a three year ministry He turned things over to His disciples to go and fill His house for  his great supper, His coming back out party. Verse 18 says they all began to make excuses, all manner of excuses, refusing the invitation to the feast.

Today we as disciples face the same excuses. We offer the gift of salvation and we receive excuses like "Jesus is not God, He's just a man like me." or "Man wrote the bible, not God" or "I'm not ready to give up my sin yet and I don't want to be a hypocrite," Some can't forgive themselves and can't believe God is willing to forgive them of their sins either and some just don't believe there is a God. They question our faith and we must be constantly ready to defend and explain our reason for believing. often it is here that we fail.

Luke 14: 21- 23 states
21 So that servant came, and shewed his lord these things. Then the master of the house being angry said to his servant, Go out quickly into the streets and lanes of the city, and bring in hither the poor, and the maimed, and the halt, and the blind.
22 And the servant said, Lord, it is done as thou hast commanded, and yet there is room.
23 And the lord said unto the servant, Go out into the highways and hedges, and compel them to come in, that my house may be filled.

To compel according to the dictionary means to: bring pressure to bear upon, to burden, coerce, employ force, pressure or put under obligation. The word compel is a verb and a verb is an action word. We must take action. Take the gospel to the streets, the highways and hedges. One of the things that make our message compelling is our testimonies, what God has done for us and how we carry ourselves in our day to day lives. we are instructed in Matthew 5: 16
16 Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven.
It's Harvest Time! Every where you look you see people burdened down in sin and
 the cares of this world and we have what they need, the good news of Jesus the Christ who says
28 Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.
29 Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls.
30 For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.(Matthew 11)

We have to pray them in, talk them in, walk them in and live them in. We need to study so we can answer their questions intelligently while still maintaining our spirituality. We have to leave our comfort zones and meet them wherever they're at, just like God does. It's harvest time! Let's take it to the streets!!
                                  God bless you all, Brother Darrell, A Watchman

 
 

No comments: