Tuesday, February 19, 2013

I AM A SOLDIER!


 Praise The Lord everybody! Because He is worthy to be praised!! I am sharing with you all an article I wrote for my church web sight three years ago. At that time no one from my church read it but I pray that you are blessed by this re posting as I was when I first wrote it. 

I Am A Soldier
Posted on March 11, 2010 at 11:02 PM  

2nd Timothy 2:3+4

3) Thou therefore endure hardness, as a good soldier of Jesus Christ. 4) No man that entangleth himself with the affairs of this life; that he may please Him who hath chosen him to be a soldier.


I have noticed that there are many more "civilians" in the body of Christ in these last days. Civilians are noncombatants,some are conscientious objectors. They come to church on Sundays and enjoy the Gospel "show" many churches are putting on these days, then they go home and get caught up again in the cares of this world. Cares about jobs, getting raises, promotions and achieving wealth and fame. And when things get tough they fall apart, they can't stand, believing in God but denying the power there of. It's all just a show to them, a front and a private club to others. Some are oblivious to the fact that there is spiritual warfare going on all around them. Others know their is a war going on but they prefer to let others do their fighting for them like their Pastors for instance.

Paul talks about us being soldiers in the army of the lord called by God to fight the good fight of faith. The duty of a soldier is to serve and follow orders, the orders of his commander and chief and the commander and chief is God. A soldier knows he will endure hardships and even setbacks but he also knows that weeping may endure for a night but joy comes in the morning. When he's having a valley experience he looks to the hills and he knows from whence cometh his help. If he falls he will not be utterly cast down. He knows that many are the afflictions of the righteous but the Lord delivers him out of them all. His desire is to serve the Lord because He first served us. He loves the Lord because He first loved us. Even when he is not in battle a soldier stays in training by putting his hands to whatever good he can find to do. He loves his fellow soldier and prays that none would be left behind. A soldier experiences many things during war, long sieges where the enemy tries to starve them out, but they know man does not live by bread alone but every word out of the mouth of God.



A soldier keeps his weapon clean and in good working order by studying to show himself approved, rightly dividing Gods word. A good soldier is well drilled and ready for anything, keeping his or her flesh under submission in order to stay on task and not look to the left or right.

As for me I don't know how much time I have left on this earth but I'm giving my all to Christ who has called me out of darkness into his marvelous light. Every morning as I put on the full armor of God and prepare to do battle in this world I look in the mirror and tell myself, "I am a soldier."

God Bless You all,
Brother Darrell



















No comments: