Wednesday, July 10, 2013

I CAN'T SHUT IT DOWN PART 2: THE PURPOSE DRIVEN CHRISTIAN


Praise the Lord everybody, fore He is worthy to be praised!! I can't tell you how excited I am about what God is doing in my life and my ministry. My wife and I are still waiting on healing and a release of finances but we are growing in our faith everyday. Talking about living by faith and actually doing it are two different things, we thank Him for the growth.

All these things have caused me to look back on what God has called me to do, what is my purpose in Christ? Focusing on that purpose that assignment keeps me from looking to the left or to the right, both filled with the distractions of this world. Nehemiah was a purpose driven christian. Nehemiah 6:1-4 states   Now it came to pass when Sanballat, and Tobiah, and Geshem the Arabian, and the rest of our enemies, heard that I had builded the wall, and that there was no breach left therein; (though at that time I had not set up the doors upon the gates;)
That Sanballat and Geshem sent unto me, saying, Come, let us meet together in some one of the villages in the plain of Ono. But they thought to do me mischief.
And I sent messengers unto them, saying, I am doing a great work, so that I cannot come down: why should the work cease, whilst I leave it, and come down to you?
Yet they sent unto me four times after this sort; and I answered them after the same manner

Nehemiah new he was charged with the rebuilding of the walls of Judah and he would not be deterred.
A lot of us know what God has charged us with, what our callings are but we somehow never got started or we came down off the wall to deal with some trumped up distraction orchestrated by the enemy or we got tired of "well doing" and abandoned our task.

I know because it happened to me years ago when I was a new convert giving my all to God in full time ministry at a place called "The Upper Room" in NYC. an out reach for the homeless. I came down off the wall after being tricked by the enemy and it took me years to get back on task, back on the wall. This blog is the first of many steps to get back up on that wall.

I had to remember my purpose, what I was doing and why I was doing it.
I fell off the wall because I was not fully committed for various reasons, Nehemiah was fully committed to seeing the job through to the end. He could have fallen for the tricks of his enemies, he could of come down for a break, he was  ALMOST finished.but he finished the work and he and his people were blessed. 
Nehemiah 6:15+16 states 15 So the wall was finished in the twenty and fifth day of the month Elul, in fifty and two days.

16 And it came to pass, that when all our enemies heard thereof, and all the heathen that were about us saw these things, they were much cast down in their own eyes: for they perceived that this work was wrought of our God.

His enemies lost heart because they saw he was committed to Gods work and that God was committed to helping him. The time has come for staying on the wall, staying on task, the task that God has charged YOU with. If your up there stay up there but if you have fallen off like I did or come down and wandered away on your own for whatever reason remember your purpose, what God has called you to do. Say to yourself "I want to be a purpose driven Christian like Nehemiah". When I am tempted I say "why should I come down? 
I'm doing a good work and why should that stop?"

So let's all remember our purpose and get back up and stay on the wall till our work is done, Amen!
                            God bless you all, Brother Darrell, speaking off the wall       



No comments: